Mpc 60

Frictionbeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 51
I just got an MPC 60 with the 3000 upgrade....I have to say this machine is dope for drums and what not...The thing Punches nice! I've heard all the hype...but Wanted to see for myself, so I used my spl meter (for same Approx volume) and put a kick in the Redrum and loaded the same kick in the MPC...and The MPC did have a noticible Punch to it....it had that ooomph to it. I dont know how I didnt have one of these in my arsenal to begin with...

Anyways just sharing some exciting news for myself...

-Friction

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Good stuff man! I had an S950 (same engine as mpc60) a 3000, sp12 and sp1200, 2000 fully upgraded.... I also use Reason and Fruity loops, there is a difference in the sound for sure even a difference to me from the 1000 and you have to see it for yourself, you have to have one of these pieces and work with it for awhile between it and your software to see what I am talking about in a mix too, I even sampled drums from them and use them in my programs they do not sound the same...that speaks for the engine and the analog audio circuitry in those old samplers.....dont get me wrong but why do you think most of the hip hop records and low end crisp drums giving us that boom bap were abound during the 90's that ran thru the akai and emu 12 and 16 bit machines....most of those hardware samplers were behind the scenes...

members online