mpc 60

T

The Bastard

i seen this piece bein used at a few shows was wonderin what the deal is about it. i know its the first mpc and it was designed by roger linn, would it bring anything new to the table if i already have a 1000, and does anyone know of a place or anybody that sells samples that were processed through a mpc 60

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
as far as the MPC 60, your samples will sound a lil fatter and at 12 bits that cuts the actual clarity of the sample as far as recreation of the original sound.....if you have a 1000 I believe you can do just about everything as far as your sequencing is concerned, i mean for the throwback you gotta have a purpose.....I suggest you find someone or a studio in ya area that might still have one.....I had an s950 and its the same sampling engine as the 60, I have some beats I made and they are distinctly a lil different as far as the overall sound when you put a sample (drum or normal sample) in there....sometimes a 12 bit sampler leave snares tinny or metallic....I dunno about you but I don't like that sound all the time....but the kicks get extra punch....I dunno who sells those samples I can dig for some old sounds and see if I have any sampled from there.

R

Roberto Male

the mpc60 is the best hardware sequencer in the universe lol

i really LOVE this drumamchine, very crunchy drum sounds . . .

mpc3000 is great too

T

The Bastard

i said ill give u sumthin for yur mpc, like my cell phone and 5 play station games or sumthin

L

labratz

inspectah wu said:
i seen this piece bein used at a few shows was wonderin what the deal is about it. i know its the first mpc and it was designed by roger linn, would it bring anything new to the table if i already have a 1000, and does anyone know of a place or anybody that sells samples that were processed through a mpc 60

I've been making beats for awhile and used just about every hardware beatbox as well as Logic Pro on the Mac and nothing beats the MPC-60 for making hiphop beats. You need to buy an upgraded one however, since the original had some weak software that didn't even let you hit monophonic samples.

If you get one with v. 3.11 software, it is equivalent to an MPC-3000 but at 12-bits. To me, that's makes it better than a 3000 as it sounds a bit grittier and in your face. It has 4 midi outs and 2 midi ins like the 3000 which makes it more studio ready than an mpc-2000 which only has 2 midi outs. I control 2 Akai S950's, EMU Mo-Phatt, ASR-10 Rack all on their own seperate midi output so midi timing never gets sacraficed.

The interface is all text based but the screen is real big and easy to read. It does smpte and all other main sync functions out of the box so it will intergrate perfect with other studio gear.

Do yourself a favor, buy one of these machines - you will see what I mean

Peace -

mArkoFdAbEaTz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
inspectah wu said:
i said ill give u sumthin for yur mpc, like my cell phone and 5 play station games or sumthin

i know u arent serious about this right??? wow

T

The Bastard

mArkoFdAbEaTz said:
i know u arent serious about this right??? wow
nah i aint serious, jus sum shit me an my boys do when we dont got loot we trade shit with each other

TachyonFresh

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i jsut found a website taht will convert ur mpc-60 into a mpc-3000 for three hundred dollars, and you'll still be able to use ur mpc-60 files....let me know if anyones interested so i can find teh link again

G-French

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Just for anyone that is looking to get the MPC60 please make sure it has the upgrade or you will be out of $199 from the start. After that if you don't have the scsi upgrade $299 I think you will be using the very slow floppy to load and save and this gets old very fast. One last thing I think you get only like 15 second of time to samply without the ram upgrade. LOL So you can't pull a Puff Daddy on this baby. So just make sure you know what you are getting when you go shopping. These are words for a man who found out the hard way but I will never part with my MPC60.