Mpc and TriggerFinger?

richwny15

ill o.g.
Wut up guyz,

I've been a Fruityloop user since FL 4, I love that software, but now im gearing towards a little bit of hardware, I know slightly about mpc's , I know that their are alot of different models and that its a sampling machine ( that alot of catz in the industry use) Ex. justblaze, kanye, etc I also know slightly about the M-Audio's triggerfinger. I know that mpc's are very powerful but my question is which one should I go with. I mean Im nice with FL slicer so i dont have problems with sampling and im low on budget so those are two reasons why im gearing towards the triggerfinger, Should I just cut the crap and save for an mpc?, or is the triggerfinger gonna provide wut im looking for which is enhancements on my production and somewhat of a new way to create. Im lost...lol hellllppppppp ill fam Thankz

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
well think of the Trigger Finger Being the Pads Of the MPC. Still completely Different Items, MPC's Process Sounds and Beat formation, While the Trigger Finger is Just a Controller. But if you Like FL then get the Trigger Finger as it is Cheaper and is designed for the Computer Musician.

richwny15

ill o.g.
Hey thankz guys, your really alot of help,

Stresswon is akai's mpd the same as m-audio's trigger finger? Also, these controllers can aslo be used in melodys right? not only drum or precussion, if u can then its a little like n mpc right?

Thankz

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
I would assume they can be used for melodies but its not a good way to do melodies, keys are the best for that.
I have a mpc2500 and I really dont like doing melodies on it, but yes Im quite sure you can pitch sounds up and down on the pads.If you cant then thats lame as hell.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
Hey thankz guys, your really alot of help,

Stresswon is akai's mpd the same as m-audio's trigger finger? Also, these controllers can aslo be used in melodys right? not only drum or precussion, if u can then its a little like n mpc right?

Thankz

yup. Havin an MPD wit FL/Reason/etc is like havin an MPC.

richwny15

ill o.g.
thankz guys u been alot of help, I ordered the mpd yesterday, cant wait to mess wit it.....1

members online