Mpc fly

Its still very early to say, but I think it will lack a lot of functionality.
On face value, to me it seems more like a gimmick.
But who knows, they might get some decent functionality out of it and with the right price it might be worth it, even if only for sketching out a track.

wizard

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 141
im not sold on this product u might be better off getting the software it self and use a controller with it like a mpd or keys
just seems like a lil toy to me and too much can go wrong!
even the MPC Renaissance is nice but its no mpc 2000xl
and i use to have a mpc 2000xl i now use reason 6 been using reason for years since the first oneand due to many update and some good features i use it with a mpd and an axiom key board and can do just the same things i use to do on my mpc but more! if u want a motorcycle u dont buy a car with motorcycle features lol if u want a mpcxl just get one u dig!? the only thing i like bout the MPC Renaissance is it got a switch mode to switch from different mpc existing but in reality it just looks like a big sound card box that controls the software but good luck bro!

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I was just going by what the salesman said.
He seemed hesitant to say something like that, and used words like "inspired" and "based on".
Its selling for £159, can it really have so much functionality?

Really? The MPC2kxl is a 15 year old sequencer sampler that is slow as hell to work with. It does not seem to be a big stretch that a newer product would be just as good if not better. I have owned many 2kxl's over the years and honestly I am beginning to really dislike them. Maschine destroys the thing.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Well even though it's a nice change and very unique as well, it kind of looks like a gimmick. Like as if they're trying to cash in on the iPad craze. It does look useful but I don't think it's worth it when there's other options.

I have Maschine so I'm partial to that and my thoughts are that if you're going to spend your hard earned money, go with some more stable and awesome, in Maschine.

wizard

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 141
@ police i hear u but some headz still use them!
i had mines hooked up max out memo full effect n a micro drive instead of the 3.5 drive to store more samples the installment was a b*** but it worked miss it at times but reason 6 is my new mpc i also had an asr which i loved too! but if u going to get something get a machine just like fade said! i will always stay on reason its what u r comfortable with but if i was to buy the fly or a machine i would choose the machine!!!

saintjoe

Audio Fanatic...
ill o.g.
I look at the fly (the controller not the software) as a dope ipad accessory. It will work with core midi, that means I can use it with more powerful software like beatmaker 2 and others. Plus it will charge your iPad. The software itself isn't that exciting, but the controller that doubles as a hardened case as well as a midi controller and a charger is actually pretty dope if you use your ipad often. I have no desire to bring an mpd or anything else with the ipad, the main thing for me and why I use one on the go is that I can just grab it and go. I use a case with mine now so I will just replace that case with this one, and have some portable pads :)

I think when looking at it more as a universal controller and not so much as something to work with their software the possibilities start to open up.

Really? The MPC2kxl is a 15 year old sequencer sampler that is slow as hell to work with. It does not seem to be a big stretch that a newer product would be just as good if not better. I have owned many 2kxl's over the years and honestly I am beginning to really dislike them. Maschine destroys the thing.
Lolol well no shit sherlock your maschine can do more then an mpc 2000xl, till you unplug it from your computer, and it doesnt have the functionality of the firmware, it has the functionality of the hardware, ie: pads. If you have an iPad its dope, but kinda stupid you still have to pay $15 for the app. Seriously this gear wave is bullshit, Akai might turn it around with the mpx series, but besides, your quite the smart cookie arent you.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Lolol well no shit sherlock your maschine can do more then an mpc 2000xl, till you unplug it from your computer, and it doesnt have the functionality of the firmware, it has the functionality of the hardware, ie: pads. If you have an iPad its dope, but kinda stupid you still have to pay $15 for the app. Seriously this gear wave is bullshit, Akai might turn it around with the mpx series, but besides, your quite the smart cookie arent you.
I know you're new here, but there's no need for the attitude. We all get along here, so leave the attitude at the door. Thanks.

Sorry not here to hate and thanks for the heads up Fade, just get a kick out of some people trying to figure out what akai is doing and their gear line.