MPC Samples

Gboy

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Whatup everyone--

I was just wondering how you guys used the Sample CD's that came with the MPC 2KXL. I dont have an external CD-ROM, so I was just wondering what you guys who are in the same position did to use them. Transfer to floppy, ZIP? Hit me back it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Peace

milLion

buildin'
ill o.g.
i never got to use mine -- i didn't have a cd-rom drive back then (4 years ago) -- and then i lost my cd -- i was pretty hurt -- if only i could get back that sample cd somewhere :headbang:

but really -- you can just transfer them to disk and load them that way -- sounds like you already know what to do

E

EXEL THE BRAIN

the sounds on that cd are whack yo
dont waste your time

D

detox_one

If they are .wav or .snd format, you can load them on your computer, and copy them into a floppy disk. If they are audio, just play them from your cd player, and sample them into your MP.

B

BeatOff

Originally posted by EXEL THE BRAIN
the sounds on that cd are whack yo
dont waste your time

Actually they are very good quality and if you know how to tweak your own drums you can make some crazy bangin drums out of that akai CD we have a grip of dope sounds that came off that cd. You can make a rubber band hit like a hard kick if you can EQ ya stuff right.

Waynyce

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I didn't like the cd at first but after digging through it you will find some banging drumz. I load the cd with an external HP CDRW Drive that I got on ebay. It's a big time saver than transferring to floppies. I don't even use floppies anymore because I also have a SCSI Zip drive. I load the sounds from the CD and save the program onto zip so I can recall the sounds really quick. That's what the SCSI port;s for yall