Mpc to computer

mad flows

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
yo does anybody know how to hook up the mpc 1000 or the 2xl to a computer. I wanna play it through the computer into pro tools or cubase. can this be done. thanxs

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
well for the mpc 1000 you can hook it up through usb, for the 2000xl you can hook it up through a mixer and if you got the 8 outs you can hook them all up to the mixer and have the mixer hooked up to the computer.

mad flows

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
x-squizet said:
well for the mpc 1000 you can hook it up through usb, for the 2000xl you can hook it up through a mixer and if you got the 8 outs you can hook them all up to the mixer and have the mixer hooked up to the computer.

Thanks alot that really helped, but for the 2xl do i just have to get or mixer or will a mid interface work.

ill o.g.
mad flows said:
...but for the 2xl do i just have to get or mixer or will a mid interface work.

midi wont work. midi dont send audio, just data. You can hook a mixer up to the 8 outs to the input of your computer, or go directly from your mpc to the computers input.

mad flows

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
helix said:
midi wont work. midi dont send audio, just data. You can hook a mixer up to the 8 outs to the input of your computer, or go directly from your mpc to the computers input.

So what would be a good sound car to do this with. I need it to have real nice quality, and to be able to hook a mic pre upto also for vocals and stuff