MPC vs Fruity loops keyboard

A

axis914

On an MPC you can hit a pad with a sample and then hit that pad again and the samples will not overlap as long as the pad is set to mono insetead of poly. How do you do that by playing a sample in FL on a keyboard. I tried messing with mono and poly and it still doesn't work.

Any suggesstions? This is driving me crazy!

bhunt

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
you have to set the polophony to 1, and you have the hit that time button. so that way the keys behave like a MPC.

AMG

God:Mind~Asiatic
ill o.g.
right click on the channel the sample is on and click cut itself. or left click on the channel and the channel pops up------>hit the misc tab and cut 1 by 1. Using this menu can also cut other samplers in different channels. Channel A: Cut 1; Channel B Cut By 1. Same as assigning two or more different pads to the same mute group as on an MPC.

trebeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
thats tight, thanks man, ive been wondering how to do that for a while as well. if you could help me out a little, is there a way to make it so files cut in fruity slicer play to the end when i trigger it on my trigger finger, or whatever I use to trigger it, the sample will only get triggered untill i take my finger off the pad and then the sample will cut off, this is happeneing when I work with rex2 files that I load into the fruity slicer, any help?

booya_nang

A breath of fre$h air!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 76
yea..the cut itself feature works wonders for sampling, duno what i'd do without it

cisco

ill o.g.
hi, i'm using the korg microkontrol with fl5. i'm trying to assign samples to the pads,i've read the manual and i got it to work with the first sample but i cant get it to do it for rest. also i will need to know how to have the volume set all the way up even if i hit the pads soft that way i dont have to go into it to raise them. thanks for the help. cisco

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
trebeatz said:
thats tight, thanks man, ive been wondering how to do that for a while as well. if you could help me out a little, is there a way to make it so files cut in fruity slicer play to the end when i trigger it on my trigger finger, or whatever I use to trigger it, the sample will only get triggered untill i take my finger off the pad and then the sample will cut off, this is happeneing when I work with rex2 files that I load into the fruity slicer, any help?

this is a good question

anyone know?

nfx

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I don't have any REX files to try this with but if you turn off TIME envelope on the INS page of the sample channel it should play through all the way.

J

john yardie

this post right here opened up alot of things for me. thanks yall

members online