mpc1000 and its missing functions

TachyonFresh

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i read that the mpc1000 doesnt have time stretch and sample rverse and a whole buncha otehr shit that the other mpc's have....but i have no idea what all tehse functions are and what they do, so can anyone enlighten me a bit?

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
yea thats right the 100 is basically a scaled down mpc in terms or function and price, i knwo its missing time stretch ( allows you to basically manipulate the sample to change the bpm ) and sample reverse i assume is being able to play the samples backwards theres a couple of other bits missing i think not sure wot tho !

def1nition

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yeah with timestretch you can change the length of a sample without changing pitch, Reverse plays the sample backwards. These are two important functions what does the Mpc 1000 do thats worthwhile this piece of equiptment sounds like a rip off.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
I have a mpc 1000 and its a solid machine I luv it. Ive had it for seven months now and its my first sampler. It also dosnt have the abilty to chop samples up like the 2000 does, but all the functionality mentioned can be done on the pc with the right software. And thats what the mpc1k was meant for, to integrate with your PC so you can do all the other things mentioned. Its primary functionality is to be a sampler not a stand alone system that does everything like the mpc4000 is supposed to do. Its to give the consumer a solid sampler for a reasonable price, you want the extras get the 2000 or 4000.

"The Oz"

T

The Bastard

Ozmosis said:
I have a mpc 1000 and its a solid machine I luv it. Ive had it for seven months now and its my first sampler. It also dosnt have the abilty to chop samples up like the 2000 does, but all the functionality mentioned can be done on the pc with the right software. And thats what the mpc1k was meant for, to integrate with your PC so you can do all the other things mentioned. Its primary functionality is to be a sampler not a stand alone system that does everything like the mpc4000 is supposed to do. Its to give the consumer a solid sampler for a reasonable price, you want the extras get the 2000 or 4000.

"The Oz"
big ups to that, i got a 1000 too i dont think its a rip off it has like minus 4 fuctions than the 2000 and it fits in a laptop bag and is 400 bucks cheaper with more storage and ram ,i guess if u didnt have software to edit samples on itd be inpracticle to buy one

Chisel

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I love my MPC 1000. If it had all the same features of the 2000, it wouldn't exist. Tachyon, having 24 programs means that you can load up to 24 programs into memory at once. Considering that each program holds 64 samples (4 banks of 16), that's quite a bit. I've noticed that most people with the MPC 1000 use software to edit the samples and then load it back into the MPC. It's really simple to move wav files back and forth between MPC and PC since the MPC 1000 doubles as a compact flash reader. Although the MPC 1000 doesn't have an automatic chop feature, it's quite easy to chop samples with it using the extract-to-new-sample feature and a programmable calculator or excel spreadsheet :)

R

Roberto Male

i think mpc1000 don't need this features, because i think akai make this MPC to go with the software world, transfer your sample into your computer and edit it !

it will be quickier as the old sampler i think !

members online