MPC2000xl and another sampler/effects box

TachyonFresh

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I posted this on the Tweakheadz.com forums and nobody seemed to wanna asnwer, so maybe you guys can help me out.

I have a KORG ES-1 and I wanna know if it would be possible to somehow hook this up to the MPC (MPC being host) and use the ES-1's effects on the MPC files. Has anyone does this before? if so, what are the limitations?

I only ask cause I know the MPC2000xl barely has any effects, and the effects on the ES-1 are pretty damn nice.

Any input would be appreciated.

N.Y.S.O.M.

A Beat Nut
ill o.g.
TachyonFresh said:
I posted this on the Tweakheadz.com forums and nobody seemed to wanna asnwer, so maybe you guys can help me out.

I have a KORG ES-1 and I wanna know if it would be possible to somehow hook this up to the MPC (MPC being host) and use the ES-1's effects on the MPC files. Has anyone does this before? if so, what are the limitations?

I only ask cause I know the MPC2000xl barely has any effects, and the effects on the ES-1 are pretty damn nice.

Any input would be appreciated.

u gotta midi that sucker fam.................midi out of the mpc to the midi in of the korg es

TachyonFresh

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i was hoping people would tell me about the limitations of this setup a little more.

I have another question.

If I load a sample into Ableton live and play that sample through a keyboard, it changes the pitch of the sample. But ive read on one site that the MPC doesnt let u do pitch shift and all. If i was to record a sample playback in the MPC's sequencer, would it always come out as the same pitch no matter which key I pressed?

N.Y.S.O.M.

A Beat Nut
ill o.g.
classic said:
MIDI man nobody wanted to answer casue its a pretty basic question just controll ur korg via midi from the mpc

lol i kno nobody wanted to answer cuz he has to research if u dont kno about midi then ur lost................

Tachyonfresh i think the new OS on the mpc handles that but like i said u gotta research remember midi has no sound only signal

K

KronikSoundz

i was hoping people would tell me about the limitations of this setup a little more.

I have another question.

If I load a sample into Ableton live and play that sample through a keyboard, it changes the pitch of the sample. But ive read on one site that the MPC doesnt let u do pitch shift and all. If i was to record a sample playback in the MPC's sequencer, would it always come out as the same pitch no matter which key I pressed?

u can change the pitch but u have 2 options

1.The manual way:you'll have to bring up the said sample and tune it down (or up) in the PARAMS window in the program menu.

2.The easy way:You can do exactly what you just asked but only on the mpc2000xl(as far as I know),just bring up the sample in the PROGRAMS menu and press the button called AUTO,it brings you to the auto cromatic screen which allows you to map out a sample in a keyboard like range with each individual sample pitched at different tunes(like a keyboard).

But I think you'd have to midi a keyboard into the mpc if you want more than 16 notes of polyphony