MPC2000xl Not loading zip

*~Snaelro Wen~*

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I just bought an mpc, and i also bought bangin beats "no excuses" library. My bubble was burst wen i popped in the zip disk. It freezes up my mpc for some reason. It shows no files or nothin. Next to type in the load window it just says "?????" WHAT THE HELL? I paid 500 bucks for thus shit? Aint no why. Theres gotta be somethin I can do. Maybe yall kno the answer. Help a brotha out!!!!!!!!

Peace!

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
Damn. it actually reads "????"? crazy. I'd seriously suggest emailing bangin beats about this because you may have a defective disk. Actually, you'd better hope you have a defective disk lol. Hopefully its not the mpc. Could be the disk drive itself though. Start off by emailing bangin beats and whoever sold you the mpc. Ask them if they've experienced the problem before, how they may have gotten around it. Look online, theres tons of forums for mpc users. You'd get the right help from there i'm sure.

Peace

the reezo

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
do your other zip disks work? i had a similar problem recently and it was because one of the 50 pins on my scsi cable was bent. But if your other zip disks work then it is definitley a problem with the disk

*~Snaelro Wen~*

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Also I have an internal zip, and it shows up on the mpc. When i pop in the disk is begin 2 load and stuff, but nuthin shows up. I think its the disk you kno?

*~Snaelro Wen~*

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Bangin Beats contacted me back and they said that the disk are definitely messed up. According to them if they get x-rayed when usps ships them out then the disk can get fucked up. They say its rare but it has happen before. Lucky Me. But, theyre sending me a new set tomorrow and making sure that the disk wont get x-rayed this time. Friggin RighT!
Thats for they input guys. Good lookin out 5th.

Peace!