Mpc2000xl Vs. Mpc1000

gram green

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
MPC2000XL VS. MPC1000

what up fam... im bout to get one or the other of these... does anyone know the main differences as far as what features are on the 2000 that are not on the 1000... the 1000 price is nice.. and yo i seen on a website they got this portable power device as well as an adapter for a car cigarette lighter>>> thats nutty... but yeah man i really need to figure out the difference between these two.... thanks in advance

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
i'll tell you what i can remember becoz i was trying to decide that a few months ago.

2000XL has a larger memory capacity, bigger pads, timestretch function and tilted screen.

1000 has USB (major advantage), its alot smaller and lighter, saving uses a CF card instead of a zip drive and it has two Q-link sliders instead of one.

sAfE.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
gram green said:
how you figure.. used ?

yeah... there is absoultely no reason to buy a brand new 2000xl for 1200 unexpanded .. when u can buy a used fully expanded one that works perectly for like 600-800.. and some dudes are even puttin the card drives on the 2000xl.. so u can swap files easy with a computer just like the 1k.. i think the 1k played itself out to be honest.. the only way i would get one was if i was the road and needed somethin compact and lightweight

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
To coplicate things Akai also put out a new MPC 2000 the MPC2000XL-MCD, which save everything to a flash card like the 1000 does now.

gram green

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i had been reading alot about big ass software problems with the 2000... i guess they're fixed on the newere ones but i didnt want to get one that had old software in it or whatever... yall know bout the software issues with the 2000's ?