MPC2000XL Yay or Nay?

JRockPsycho

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 70
cuz i like the layout of the 16 pads, and the feel of the mpc. Hence why i wanted to get the 2000xl in the first place. I dont like the small rectangular pads on my 1000, and two of the pads are dead, also setting it up to control ableton is a b*tch

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
But how is setting up the mpc1k any different from setting up the mpc2kxl (or any other midi device used as a controller)? It does transport, clock, midi and there's no cc controller data to output.

Also, afaik, there is no mpd that has pads like the mpc2kxl so what do you really gain ?
You could do with 2 lpd8's and have 16 pads + 16 knobs for less than a mpd

JRockPsycho

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 70
i really like the feel of the 2000xl, its just sexy and comfortable to me, the 1000 never felt right. the mpd has larger square pads and with the sensitivity upgrade and plant of assignable knobs i think i should be fine.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
did some more research on maschine, and there are some things i do not like about it, and it looks like i will be getting an Akai MPD24 or 32 when i have the funds. As an Ableton user, it makes sense to just stick with lives internal sampler and just streamline how i control it. I am going to be selling my NI Traktor S2 and F1 to fund this and pay some bills. Ahhhhhh being a producer is so expensive, i wish there were grants for people like us...

Since ableton is your main DAW, get the MPD26 and APC40. Get the 2000xl to do your drums, and record them as audio into Ableton. On another note you can also use the Maschine controller to control ableton as well

members online