mpc200xl multi card reader

gram green

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
wassup yall...

used to be an avid illmuzik lurker/rare poster (unless talkin shit to cold truth) but aint been here in a long minute

anyhoo, got a new multicard reader jawn for my mpc, went wild with it and got all kinds of shit saved on there and not organized right

anybody got one of these and got some tips on organizing it, especially with it full of sounds and sequences all saved under one program....

I need to clean dis muffucca up, and then need to learn how to start saving my jointz correctly....

thanks in advance..

gramgreen

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
I'd always make a few main folders,

BEATS - here you save all your complete projects: all programs & sequences
DRUMS - This is where you keep your drum kits
SAMPLES - BASS, SAMPLES - Samples..
MIDI templates - Here you keep your midi files of drumsequences with nice swing etcetera

Hope this helps

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
I got a work disk and a few save disks with beats, ik keep one on which i collect programs for a track i would make which i can erase once i save to the disk with beats. I dont keep disk with all my samples but i have one with the somewhat best drums i already have. backup's can be made via mpc editor (write away images). I also keep a disk for mpc in midi-thru mode ( mpc+computer) on which i have templated empty songs and track/midi assignment made that matches the track layout on the daw. Just for ease of use, i sold my pcd47b and kept the pcd 25 so i have 2 pcmcia cardreaders with CF adapters which i can easy exchange to the laptop pcmcia ports.

gram green

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
wow i just realized some shit....

shit i just figured out you can hit open window from the root folder and open it up organize and make new folders..... lol ... i'm new to the mpc so now its makin a little since...

yo formant those card readers for the computer let you manage/organize shit from your pc though?? cause i was thinkin of buying the usb jammy... can you drop music files in there then when you got the card hooked up to the computer?

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
^^^, you organize yourself, but i have the pcmcia format which can be shuved into most laptops from which you can run mpc editor to make/edit programs, just programs. So basically its take out adapter, put into laptop and vice versa, for desktop just get a multi cardreader. I basically do this because i want to work with cf cards as theyre build more solid than other formats.

members online