MPC2500 tracking out help

hey everyone If you have an MPC 2500 please help me with tracking out of the MPC I don't like the Midi sync cable sync daw as the master method I seen someone export midi out of the MPC and then they got it all inside their daw to trigger the sounds coming from the MPC I don't know how they got the midi out of the MPC since I can't save midi files inside the 2500 help please

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I just finished a video on it with the DAW as the master. You're saying you don't like that method? I've seen tutorials on saving MIDI files and bringing them into the DAW but I figured recording out seems the easiest.

I just finished a video on it with the DAW as the master. You're saying you don't like that method? I've seen tutorials on saving MIDI files and bringing them into the DAW but I figured recording out seems the easiest.
Is it better to have the DAW as master or the MPC also can you point the video on how to export the midi out of the MPC to trigger the sounds from the MPC inside the DAW

Fade from my understanding the daw as the master can sometimes not sync up good enough if you have a lot of swing on your hi hats etc the method with the exporting out midi and importing it into a daw to let the midi trigger the audio was 100% on point

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Fade from my understanding the daw as the master can sometimes not sync up good enough if you have a lot of swing on your hi hats etc the method with the exporting out midi and importing it into a daw to let the midi trigger the audio was 100% on point
Yeah I think that's the only issue, but only if you're tracking out an entire "song", for example. If you're tracking out a 4 bar loop then it's no problem at all (from my experience). I know the MPC's sequencer is really dope but for mixing I'd rather record out 4 or 8 bars then do my copy and paste in the DAW to complete my song. Plus it's quicker that way than recording out each track if the it's an entire song.

So you did the MIDI export and then import to your DAW? Isn't it just the MIDI information in there? What about the actual audio? I don't understand that process (never tried it).

Yeah I think that's the only issue, but only if you're tracking out an entire "song", for example. If you're tracking out a 4 bar loop then it's no problem at all (from my experience). I know the MPC's sequencer is really dope but for mixing I'd rather record out 4 or 8 bars then do my copy and paste in the DAW to complete my song. Plus it's quicker that way than recording out each track if the it's an entire song.

So you did the MIDI export and then import to your DAW? Isn't it just the MIDI information in there? What about the actual audio? I don't understand that process (never tried it).
I seen a YouTube video on it I never tried it to be honest

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I seen a YouTube video on it I never tried it to be honest
I'll try it then. The video I just completed, I didn't mention about that because I was just showing what I currently do. I think the issue you mean is that it floats out of sync after a while for some reason. Maybe it's related to the soundcard or something.

I'll try it then. The video I just completed, I didn't mention about that because I was just showing what I currently do. I think the issue you mean is that it floats out of sync after a while for some reason. Maybe it's related to the soundcard or something.
Maybe possibly I'm not to sure what DAW are you using if you don't mind me asking

Is it better to have the DAW as master or the MPC also can you point the video on how to export the midi out of the MPC to trigger the sounds from the MPC inside the DAW
With modern daws being so powerful, its always best to use the daw as master. You can then add vst plugins to the tracks.