Mpc2500

TSully

ill o.g.
I just got mine today... dont know how use it... i hooked up my moniters to it, my synth, my turntables and all that good stuff... can anybody give me any cool tips on how to use this thing.... the youtube videos ive seen dont really explain how to use it... can anybody give me some cool videos or tutorials that might help me out... Thanks..

-TSully

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
I know this is not what you want to hear, but all i can say is just bang on it and read the manual when you get to certain points that you can figure out. The Akai manual is pretty straight forward so you souldnt have any problems understanding it.

TSully

ill o.g.
I know this is not what you want to hear, but all i can say is just bang on it and read the manual when you get to certain points that you can figure out. The Akai manual is pretty straight forward so you shouldn't have any problems understanding it.

haha def not what i wanted to hear... but thanks ill try to understand it by reading it... im more hands on... but thanks for taking the time to help.. much love homie

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
Thats what I did a few years back when i got my 1000. You learn while you work. Trust me you'll figure it out real quick. You wont need any tutorials or tips.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Disagree, I had to buy a tutorial dvd because I couldnt wait that damn long to figure it out..
One thing you may want to consider is buying the JJ os for the thing..
Otherwise they DO have tutorial dvd's to get you goin...
Do you have any experience with akia or hardware at all? or is this your first piece?

TSully

ill o.g.
i mess with the mpd24 in reason... but thats it.... whats the jj os? sorry if im askin newbie questions... i just wanna make that hot shit... feel me? haha

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Not to send you offsite but a good place to for MPC focused stuff is MPC-Forums.com
Be wary on your 2500 BTW Ive had problems with the OS(operating system) in the first year in which I had to send it back. It would and still does lock into or out of 16 level mode and when you hit note repeat it will play whatever is assighned to the upper left most pad..
The only way out of this is to save and shut down for a few hours...
This may not happen with the JJ os(which is a non akia OS) that you can buy...
Im thinkin about coppin it..

Symphonic

Custom User Title
ill o.g.
how can you become good at finding samples and sounds if you are too lazy to read the manual. sorry but this annoyes me, you bought the machine because you want to do something with it, i guess you did some research first and not just bought it like it's shoes.
Hot shit won't appear instantly, takes alot of pratice, so turn your machine on and practice

and have fun :)

TSully

ill o.g.
how can you become good at finding samples and sounds if you are too lazy to read the manual. sorry but this annoyes me, you bought the machine because you want to do something with it, i guess you did some research first and not just bought it like it's shoes.
Hot shit won't appear instantly, takes alot of pratice, so turn your machine on and practice

and have fun :)

i just bought me a turntable and stole all my fathers old records... best believe im looking for those fire ass samples... next kayne over here... haha jk... another question is.. do i have buy the cd drive to put my wav files on my mpc.. or can i just hook up a hard drive and load them from there?

Symphonic

Custom User Title
ill o.g.
i just bought me a turntable and stole all my fathers old records... best believe im looking for those fire ass samples... next kayne over here... haha jk... another question is.. do i have buy the cd drive to put my wav files on my mpc.. or can i just hook up a hard drive and load them from there?

it's all in the manual... even gots usb connection

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.

You have a couple of options, I use flashcards because I dont want to put the hard drive in yet..
Like they say though you need to open that manual...I got the dvd because I knew what I wanted to do cuz of working with the sp and I couldnt find it fast enough in the manual.
Now I have a working knowledge

TSully

ill o.g.
just ordered the 70 dollar dvd from sounds for samples... hopefully it teaches me shit... i just got more ram too... 128 is the max right?

Symphonic

Custom User Title
ill o.g.
could have bought nice records from these 70 dollars and watched some youtube movies plenty of em on there and browse to the quickstart guide would get you off the ground very quickly as well. But if you prefer this way that will also work :) most important is that you enjoy working on the mpc.

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
I totall agree with symphonic ,
ur being lazy kid..... DVD;s and stuff are cool but i doubt u can find a really dope producer out there that said they learned the craft from DVD's... Your learing somebody elses tricks with that shit... Experimenting & trial and errror will allow u to come up with ur own unique techniques... which will make u stand out...

Ur hustling backwards...
Stop taking short cuts.. crack open the manual and get to work...

And stop asking questions that can be found in the table of contents of the manual

peace

classs..

I have to agree with symphonic, if you cant be bothered to read the manual then you really dont wanna learn hard enough kid. No one can teach you how to produce quickly, its taken me years of practice to get to the reasonable standard Im at and some of my biggest lessons have been from making mistakes. Anyway you need to also develop your own unique style, you will never do this by just copying others. You need to gain an understanding of the processes involved, you wont gain that if its handed on a plate. Like symphonic said, use your 70 dollars to go and dig up some old classic vinyl at a nearby charity shop or something. Its okay having samples, but you need ill samples. If you dont have the patience to read a manual then you will have no hope with digging/chopping drum samples.
I went into making music thinking it would be a breeze just simple looped patterns, how hard could it be? Well if only things were that simple.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
I totall agree with symphonic ,
ur being lazy kid..... DVD;s and stuff are cool but i doubt u can find a really dope producer out there that said they learned the craft from DVD's... Your learing somebody elses tricks with that shit... Experimenting & trial and errror will allow u to come up with ur own unique techniques... which will make u stand out...

Ur hustling backwards...
Stop taking short cuts.. crack open the manual and get to work...

And stop asking questions that can be found in the table of contents of the manual

peace

classs..

Word up , but Im gonna openly admit I got the dvd because I already knew what the thing was capable of , and knew what I wanted it to do but found the manual dry and semi unhelpful when I was losing valuable creative flow by flippin through and reading..
Mind you Im a manual type person as well..I read them shits!
And I been doin this for a while.
But I know yall are talkin to the newbie I just had to throw my 2 cents in there lol...

MPCaddict

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
the MPC is easy as hell to use. you don't even need the manual for all the basic shit. Heck, if you don't use a 4k, you wouldn't even need a manual. I learned my MP inside out by just experimenting.

members online