MPD 16: Good Choice Or Waste Of Money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CiseMusic

ill o.g.
Anybody Use A MPD 16? If So Do You Think It Worth It?

I'm Using Reason Wit' A M-Audio Keyboard, But I Get Tired Of Playin' My Drums On The Keyboard Sometimes, Would It Be A Good Choice To Get The Akai MPD 16 or Just Stick With The Keyboard?

Whut's Yall Opinion?

FSC

Royal Souf Productions
ill o.g.
I never used one before.. But i haven't seen any bad responses from it.. You can get that MPC feel without spending the MPC money.. I would say go for it... But like i said i never used one before... So you might want to wait for other people to put their input in... Good luck

EvRy1~MaN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Improvising

If you got an MPD-16 and connected it to an Akai S2000
I'm guessing it would the next best thing to an MPC if not identical.

MPD-16:$150
Akai S200:$100-200 (on ebay)

Total:$250-$350

But based on that price I guess it would be better to just save up another $150 and cop an MPC 2K from ebay.

Your choice.

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
If you already have a controller a MPD-16 would be useless. Your drums won't be better if you press pads instead of keys.

trebeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
wtf? the mpd is 100 bucks now? crazy, i love my pads, i like having keys and pads, im not sure if its worth buying however if u already have a keyboard, it is nice when your fucking with loops tho, since u can chop up a 4 bar loops on the beats and like the first row is the first bar and its 4 beats etc, and it does feel nice for drums, whatever u want man

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
I had a mpd 16 and I sold it. It does not feel like the mpc pads. The pads are hard. I liked it, because of the hype that the mpc series has, and it did look cool in the studio, but it's not the same. If you've never used a mpc before you wouldn't know, but if you have, and are looking for that same quality, it's not going to satisfy you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online