MPD-16 or Oxygen 8

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I'm looking for getting a midi controller for my friend to use at his crib (birthday).

I looked into both of them and am at a standstill so I just wanted to know what you guys would go for if given the choice.

My boy would be using the MPD or Ox8 in FL Studio.... Thanks

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
hmmmm. I guess the question would be: Do u guys sample more or play (compose your own stuff) more? I would say the MPD 16, or even the trigger finger.. That joint just gives you a good feel..

PrOLifiK

Wax Fondling Since 420
ill o.g.
i would say the oxygen 8.....i use it right now and u can assign sounds to the keys just like they were pads. I was thinking about getting the mpd a while back myself but I heard bad things about it, like doesnt feel anything like an mpc ect. If you have a keyboard you can load up any sound you want and play it out on all the keys. Piano, something you chopped whatever. thats my opinion

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Check Guitar center for a MPD16...... I don't now if its nationwide, but I was talking to a kat at the one by my crib a couple nights ago and he said that their only going for $110 bucks.

If you use FL Studio the have the FPC module in there.....it is exactly like an MPC.

mp3

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
ManDAmyth said:
Check Guitar center for a MPD16...... I don't now if its nationwide, but I was talking to a kat at the one by my crib a couple nights ago and he said that their only going for $110 bucks.

If you use FL Studio the have the FPC module in there.....it is exactly like an MPC.

$99 with free shipping at American Musical

http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i-AKA-MPD16--s-mpd-16.html

z0n3d0u7

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Good deal on the MPD16.. I think i MIGHT order it. dunno if i REALLY need Midi pad's tho. I want em, but i'd rather save for a MPC1k. But that's then, This is now :)

I dont know how stuck on the Oxygen8, And MPD16 you are, But why not get an M-Audio Axiom, And have both? The 61 key Axiom [dont ship till mid april tho], Is only $252 at Studica.com

:Edit: Is the MPD16 out of stock at AmericanMusical? Look under the pic, It say's

"Order NOW to Reserve Yours! Your credit card will NOT be charged until the item is shipped.
Not ready to order, but please Notify Me when this item is in stock."

z0n3d0u7

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
z0n3d0u7 said:
:Edit: Is the MPD16 out of stock at AmericanMusical?

E-Mailed them, And recieved one back. FWIW, It's back-ordered till 4/1/06 [Or, Atleast that's what Akia's telling them]. Think ill do some thinking from now till then, And probably order one!

z0n3d0u7

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Welp, Got a Ad in the mail today from Guitar center. Advertising $99 for MPD16. Figured i'd rather have it today, Then save the $7 [taxes], with Free shipping. So, Went and made the purchase. As my luck would have it, It wasnt in stock [They advertise a Sale on an item, And only have one in stock.. Which was purchased by an employee?]. I'll have it sunday or monday tho.

members online