Mpd 16

mad flows

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I want an mpc bad as hell but don't have da cheese. i've been lookin a the mpd 16, and i'm wondering how it is. if any of ya'll have used what software ya'll use with it

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
i want the MPD too, to use with my motif. i think they would work especially well with Fruity or Reason.

if u cant afford an MPC, why not try a cheaper sampler like the Roland SP-606 or 505? or even the Roland Dr Sample 303 which is supposed to be tight, and about the same price as the MPDs.

sAfE.

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I have the sp 303 and it doesnt have midi out so its weird

im getting a smart card reader for my pc..so i can drag samples to it...add fx on the machine...grimey it up...and send it back to pc

cqfinest

ill o.g.
I have the MPD 16 and use it with Reason and Ableton Live 3

This combination is fairly equal to having a MPC

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Please.... People...

Dont compare the mpc to a samplers like the groovebox series by Roland. Yes they sample, but the sequencer can only hold so many notes, tracks or songs.

And the mpd... well, it's nice but no different than a masterboard with weighted keys or at least pressure sensitive keys but it's exactly the same except that your keys aint pads, not made out of rubber and are aligned in a row instead of columns but it's the same damn thing so you're better of buying a good keyboard and take into consideration that it's same damn thing... a midi controller.

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
Formant your right, but pads are a little more easier to use when it comes to drum programming. when i make drum loops with keys i often hit keys which i dont wanna hit, and its harder to find a certain drum straight away when ya playing along. on pads its pretty simple.

sAfE.

W

wykid

Formant you got a good point..but like rhythmikal said its easier if you got pads... i been lookin at it.. i went to sam ash last weekend and played wit the mpc..and a few roland sps...the mpc is way better as far as feel goes..didnt get to try the sampling features out but im sure the mpc exceeds the sp's...ima get a mpd..just cuz i cant afford a mpc right now..

C

Copenhagen

I had the MPD, and like formant says, it ain't worth if you get a good keyboard...I sold mine again. At least that's my view on this...

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
peoples...

Hitting the wrong keys is lack of piano skills, it takes time for you to gain experience and that's really it. Considering you the piano noob, you would also have difficulty in findig where you placed the samples. Yes, you assign which sample goes to which key, so it's human error which can be bypassed if you know to work the routines/templates for assigning your drums to keys.

Routine man, that mpd is waste or a luxury...

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
I have a mpd 16 and it's pretty good I enjoy, at the sametime the pads on the mpd are not as soft as the pads on the mpc's. You have to really beat on them good to break them in and then they still aren't the same. Your best bet if you must have some pads is get that korg midi controller that has keys and pads on it. I hear it comes with sample tank 2 now.

BeAtArKiTeK

"Only God Can Judge Me"
ill o.g.
the mpd is a pretty good alternative along with a software program such as reason, Fl, etc... you can also find some used mpc's for pretty cheap the lowest i have seen a 1000 was 500 that was a good deal about twice as much as the mpd but worth it in my opinion

DJFANTOM

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Kevin A said:
. Your best bet if you must have some pads is get that korg midi controller that has keys and pads on it. I hear it comes with sample tank 2 now.

Yeah. I have that midi controler. If you use reason and don't mind the mini keys its the best controler to get. Pads, keys, and it has built in templates for reason ( and many other popular software) you don't have to program any thing its all there right out the box...

I bought mine last december... Hey kev it didn't come with sample tank back then... Do you know if they are sending it to existing registered cuctomers ?.. Ima check they web site soon as im able to get online on a computer again