MPD16 and Fruity Loops

A

axis914

What up yal?

It seems like the MPD16 is not that responsive when you are trying to punch a drum in. There is a delay. Does anyone know how to modify that in Fruity Loops?

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
N

nick2006

I have the exact same problem and even post a similar thread about in the Hardware section...

What kind of sound card do you have? I have an external USB Audigy NX 2 for my laptop and I believe my problem is the USB.

Some one did recommend lowering the buffer size and that did help some what but it did not solve the problem. I also changed from using the Soundblaster audio driver to an ASIO driver under audio settings and that helped a little also.

Im currently thinking about buying a new soundcard w/ low latency to solve the problem. It costs $200 though. Indigo IO (again, for a laptop)

By the way i tried using the MPD16 w/ FL4 and 5 and had the same issue so it doesnt appear to be an FL thing.

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
If you need a asio driver but don't have money for a new soundcard, go to asio4all.com. Download this driver and it will allow you to get a lower latency.

trebeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
GRAFIK said:
yeah sometimes i get a delay myself, i will just go into the piano roll and place it where it should be, so it is on beat, i just use the midi controller to get an idea of where i want to place shit, then go back and make sure it is all on beat

yeah this is exactly what i do, i dont think midi controllers in FL are really for layin everything down first go, i use my keyboard or drum pad to fuck with how its gonna sound, then ill lay it out with hardware and go in and fine tune it

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i dont think midi is for trying things out. if you go in and fix everything with the mouse, you gotta make sure you leave some steuff, otherwise it sounds like it came out a factory. too perfect.

but if you got hella latency,. fix that.

massikrbeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
GRAFIK said:
yeah sometimes i get a delay myself, i will just go into the piano roll and place it where it should be, so it is on beat, i just use the midi controller to get an idea of where i want to place shit, then go back and make sure it is all on beat

That's what I do..I get the original idea down on the step sequencer (mainly drums..sometime melodies)...and play with them in the piano roll. I seem to always push some of the kicks back about a couple notches. But freal you don't even gotta hit up the piano roll for that. Just do it using the "note shift" option.

T

The Bastard

have u guys tried using the midi i/o instead of the usb feature.... im guessing the lag is due to the usb, if the controller was directly midied up to yur soundcard,maybe the lag will be gone?

z0n3d0u7

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
The Bastard said:
have u guys tried using the midi i/o instead of the usb feature.... im guessing the lag is due to the usb, if the controller was directly midied up to yur soundcard,maybe the lag will be gone?

you probably already know this, but along with a Midi cord, You'd need an AC adapter.

z0n3d0u7

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
For some reason, The ASIO4ALL driver make's it sound's WEIRD, and NOISEY. Any idea's?

Unless i raise it from 512 to 896.. But at the top it said to lower it?

members online