MPD16/FL8 help

projekt

ill o.g.
g'day all,

i'm having a problem with FL8 and my mpd16... i have it working with fl8 and the fpc, thats not a problem, the problem is, the pads are all out of sequence (pad1 on mpd as not pad1 on FPC etc.)...

i have set it up in the mpd utility to start from c#1, and this seems to work fine in reason,cubase and acid, but as soon as i try and use it in FL all the pads get jumbled.

any help would be greatly appreciated

peace.
p.

T

The Arkitekt

you gotta set the pads FROM FPC. I don't mess with FPC though it's a pain in the ass, why take the time to set the whole thing up so you can record only like a bar or two of drums, it's a pain in the ass. It will take like literatly 4 seconds to just click your drums into the step sequencer and you don't have to worry bout quantizing them or anything. And if your worried about them sounding robotic because everything is on perfect timing, just go back and adjust some velocities, etc. But for real, FPC sucks, just drag your samples in the sequencer and click em in.

nfx

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Set up bank B on the MPD to map from C5->whatever. Then use the Layer feature in FL. You have the layer channel split the children and it will map the samples from C5->whatever. Leave Bank A as-is so it works with everything else.