MPD16 USB Midi Pad Control Unit

T

The Bastard

anyone use this with reason? how u assign certian sopunds to each pad, im gunna buy one of theese eventuallu sum1 wanna elabo,peacerate on it

C

Copenhagen

I use the MPD with Reason. What exactly do you need to know?

Rob-Les

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Can I use it with a program that uses wav files (i.e. FL or Making Waves) Sorry for the stupid question, but I don't understand the technical stuff. Thanks!

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Im pretty sure it does it tha same way it assigns sounds to my ox 8...like this: If you load a kick in track one on tha redrum, snare on two, hh on three, and so forth........Tha mpd is going to jus count them off tha same way - like pad one, track one(kick)....pad two, track two(snare), etc.

Steeze

Rob-Les

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Duece- How's the Oxy8? I was planning on getting one soon...like next month. I am not sure how this MIDI thing works. Can I assign wav sounds to it?

MaximeRobin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
the oxy8 (or any midi controller for that mather) is only use to control via midi a program on your computer. You can also control via midi a hardware sampler or sequencer or whatever.

Now if you don't have a virtual sampler on your computer (ex.: reason), you won't be able to "assign wav sounds" to your oxy8.

Rob-Les

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Ok then. I do have a virtual sampler/sequencer so I guess it can work for me. Thanks dnt! Where did you pick yours up by the way? The cheapest I've seen if for is US$139

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
I got mine off tha floor at a music store and had tha guy knock 50 bucks off - so mine was likr 105 with tax and it was brand new.

As for assigning sounds - im pretty sure dnt is right....you can play wav files on tha ox 8, but im pretty sure tha prgm chooses where to put tha sounds on tha keys - for examplw reason.
I use reason and ox 8 together and they work fine, all tha keyboard does is let you externally control sounds and functions inside reason or any other prgm of tha same magnatude....When you want to use it - all you have to is make sure your drivers are up to date and installed and in tha preferences in reason - it should see tha keyboard....then when your opperating it in reason, on tha left in your layers, if you click to tha farthest left side of a layer (not on any words)...you should have a little midi symbol pop up there. Then you know it is active on that instrument or layer....Youve prob. paid no mind to tha little symbol before, but now you know what its for if you already didnt know.

Steeze

C

Copenhagen

If you load drums into ReDrum, channel 1 won't necessarily load to pad 1, you'll have to do that yourself, but there's an explanation of this underneath the MPD, and if that doesn't help, I asked the same question when I bought the MPD, which someone answered quite well for me...I'll see if I can find the thread.

C

Copenhagen

In regards to the pads, I don't know if they have the same sensivity, cause I have not worked much with the MPC, but they seem sensitive...just place your finger on a pad and it senses it.

DJFANTOM

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I too use reason and am looking to get the pad controler. What's the cheapest any has saw it for , new or used, on line or in store or being sold by some one in NYC or us.

A link or whatever would help.

Also I know yall know about the korg micro kontrol midi controler.

If you don't google it. You won't be sorry