mpd16

T

The Bastard

anyone know the process of assigning samples to the mpd pads and the comparison of feel between the mpd pads and mpc pads and hows the lag time when u press the pad to when the sound comes out i,im askin cuz my yamaha psr that i use as a controller no matter what i do it will always have a milliscond of noticable lag,prolly the usb connection

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
Usb means all your information is going threw in the same direction. Some computer have 4&5 usb port, but may all be sharing 2 interupts. Think of it as 3 streets leading to 1 destination (interupts). In anycase, if you don't check your computer, and know what usb ports are sharing interupts, chances are, when you use more than one usb device at a time, you slow down your information transfer. If latency is not the problem, this could be it. Unhook some usb devices

Javascript

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
USB can be the problem for latency, the slower your processor, the more latency you got

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
as far as assinging samples/sounds to different pads, I think you can do that with "layering" in FLStudio (if that's what you use). I'll try and confirm this...

hookiefree

Beat Monster
ill o.g.
U can assign the pads from the unit or with the software that comes with it. They are just like the MPC pads. The only difference is they unit isn't as heavy and weighted down so it not feel as solid when you really start pounding on them.

D

dioii

I got an MPD-16 and my drum patterns are so much better than they are with just a MIDI keyboard. I switch off between using them. The MPD-16 gives you a much more hip-hop feel to your music. The MIDI keyboard is incredibly useful when it comes to making melodies. The MPD is so sensitive that you can trigger a sound with the center of the pad and then hit the corner of the pad to cut the sound. The pads are so sensitive that when you hit just the corner the sound won't even be audible...at least not on fruity loops.

T

The Bastard

ur usin yur mpd wit fruity loops? can u tell the difference? and is there a lot of latency or lag time from when u hit the pad to when u hear the sample

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I've got one and there is no latency ot lag time for me.

if u experiance it then it's your settings or soundcard/computer.

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
I'm getting one N.U.G, But tell me, does it have the button on that when you press it, it makes the sounds hit rapid? If you used a MPC I think you know what I mean.

members online

No members online now.