Interviews Ms.Proper Interview

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Ms.Proper-Interview-300x200.jpg

Ms.Proper is a talented young female emcee with ties to North Carolina and Virginia. She was recently chosen to perform on BET's 106 and Park. Illmuzik vet Dacalion caught up with her; they talked about her influences, collaborations and more.

Hello Ms.Proper, could you please introduce yourself?

Mos def, I am Ms Proper CEO and artist of So Proper Entertainment LLC. I was born in Fayetteville, North Carolina and raised in Chesterfield, Virginia. I like long walks on the beach and R&B. Haha. All jokes.

When did you start writing rhymes and when did you start emceeing?

I began writing when I was about 8 years old. I started with poetry because my mother, although shy, is an awesome poet and eventually they transformed into songs. However, it wasn't until 2006 that I created So Proper Entertainment.

How would you describe your style?

A lot of people compare me to MC Lyte because they say I have an old school flow but I also bring a new school flavor to the table. I'm not big into gun talk, just lyrics and life.

Who are your main influences in the rap game?
I would have to say one of my biggest influences would have to be Eminem. Other than him I've always admired the stage presence and energy of TI. As far as swagg goes I would def credit Kanye West and Jay Z.

Who are some of the biggest names that you've blessed a mic/stage with?

I have opened for artists such as Big K.R.I.T, Cyhi Da Pryce, Jae Millz, Travis Porter, Pretty Ricky, and way too many more to name. Haha.

What are some of your biggest accomplishments and whats the next step for Ms. Proper?

Right now I would have to say my biggest accomplishment is getting chosen to perform on BET's 106 and Park, which aired July 13th. I would also count winning the second place trophy at Blaze The Stage, an invite only performance from Pat Charles of BET, as an accomplishment as well. The next step is my an online radio show with my partner Courtney "Mr Yeah" Dudley called Rated R Radio.

With whom (if anyone) would you like to collaborate with in the near future?

Honestly, anyone who is dope and putting in work. Location doesn't really matter to me because I like to take advantage of cross promotion. Let my fans become your fans and vice versa.

Do you produce any of your own music or do you have producers who make beats for you?

I tried producing but I wasn't much good at it. Haha. But my go to guy for production is my artist E*Klipse Tha Champloo. He is over in Japan right now but still finds time to send me some of his best creations.

Tell us a little about your management and contact info for bookings.

If you are looking to book me contact my manager LaTanya Monroe at tanyamonroe.spe@gmail.com, from there we can get the ball rolling on any show or event.

Thanks for you time. Any Shout-outs?

Of course, shoutout to my entire So Proper Entertainment family: E*Klipse Tha Champloo, NSane Da Genya Bread Man, So !LLa, T Monet', and Tre. Shoutout to my awesome team Tanya Monroe, Deborah Cox, and DJ Christian. Shoutout to my Rated R Radio family: Mr Yeah, Keyz, and Tiz. A Money who is one of the best promoters in VA, everyone who supports (or hates) what I do because at the end of the day it is all motivation. Oh yeah and follow me on twitter @MsProper :)

members online