MUltitracks????

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
StressWon said:
Okay,,,,Fuckin Audition keeps crashin on me and it's pissin me OFF! What do some of you guys use? I liked Audition(notice "LIKED") due to it is also a wav editor,,,,what else has that?
u can use Sonar its good...but im realizing slowly that Pro Tools is the way to go ...

Honesty

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
PT all the way for tracking...

but if AA is crashing on you, I'm not sure PT is right for you...lol

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
DueceMade Ent. said:
I dig Ableton Live, or Cubase SX....Lives the shit though. I havent had a crash yet on that GUI, i think its really well engineered. You should try it out.

I tried the original cool edit that I had from awhile back,,,seems to work just fine now. I have somethin on the table wit some beats,,,so if that goes thru, I'm definitly grabbin ProTools.

STEEZO! Yo, Imma hit ya up with those vocals man,,,sorry I forgot to send em out. I thought I did all this time,,lol,,1

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Basically, any platform is a multitracker except for reason. Though, on entry level I'd still suggest Cubase SX which is fairly easy, personaly I'd go Logic on a hardware/software set but for pc-only based sets I'd try to use the same program you make your beats with (FL in my case).

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
StressWon said:

STEEZO! Yo, Imma hit ya up with those vocals man,,,sorry I forgot to send em out. I thought I did all this time,,lol,,1
Naw you did, but the files were corrupt wen i tried to open em. Just upload to YouSendIt and hit me off with the link. Oh yeah and upload that joint to the radio show fool! - Lets show these people what we worked on practically a 1/2 a year ago haha.
Get at me though!
Peace.

Hypnotist

Ear Manipulator
ill o.g.
There's a reason that Pro Tools is the industry standard in all studios, and you'll see when you get a copy. I'm not sure if they still offer Pro Tools Free, but it's limited to 8 mono tracks and you can't open your sessions in later versions of PT. But for PT Free, you don't need to buy a MBox or any interface, so you can learn a little on how it works.

If you buy PT LE, just make sure you have at least 512 MB of ram and a decent processor speed, like at least 1 GHz. You can do it with 800 MHz, but I'd recommend faster.

When I had Cool Edit Pro 2.0 on my old PC, the wave editor was the shiznit. But tracking in Cool Edit was a pain in the ass. If I had more than 5 tracks, the shit would always play when it was good and ready. Although my Mac PowerBook is much faster than that old PC, I've never had a problem with Pro Tools. (I got 1.5 GHz with 768 MB ram).

Plus, if you get Pro Tools, you can pretty much have it mix-ready for any studio out there, because everyone has a Pro Tools HD system nowadays.

members online