Music Creators

Sober

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
:) Hey whats up guys, im new to this forum. What equipment do you guys work with? I currently use a Triton classic as the base of my music creating process. Any triton users in here?

soundboy2

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Triton is my main piece right now, my sampler, sequencer, I only use the MP for drums these days.

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
have a triton rack asrx and mpc2000xl but I use the mpc for sequencing asrx for sampling (and some ocasional sounds) and the triton for everything else but drums

Sober

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Ah dope , yeah I used to have an mpc2000xl but I had to sell it to get my triton. I miss it a lot, i plan on getting the akai mpd16 cuase i love the akai pads to much.

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Hey,

Roland:
JP-8000
JV-2080
MKS-50 x2
XV-5050

Yamaha:
FS1R
A-5000

Emu:
Proteus 2000

Kawai:
K-5000s

Take care,

Nick

B

beatbeast

Originally posted by inrctyhoodmusic
have a triton rack asrx and mpc2000xl but I use the mpc for sequencing asrx for sampling (and some ocasional sounds) and the triton for everything else but drums

same setup minus the asrx

Architect

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
I'm using a Yamaha EX5 Synthesizer for sequencing/Sampling, I got a Roland MK-II Drum Machine, and another Yamaha PSR510 keyboard. I use Acid Pro 4.0, FruityLoops, Cakewalk Sonar 2.2, and Cubase SX. I also got mad dx and vst plugins. I'm really waiting to get another computer P4 Dual CPU's so I can really utilize all my software to the fullest. It seems like everybody uses an MPC or wants to use one, I mean its a tight instrument, but if everybody is using the same instrument aren't you going to get around the same results, same type of sounds? Cats should check out the Roland MC-909 GrooveBox.

Sober

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
nah i think your wrong about the mpc or any equipment like it. Since an mpc doesn't have any sounds think of it as a pencil and each artist renders his own imagination using that tool. Thus i don't think everyone will have the same sound. Synth's are another story:D

numerike

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Never really wanted hardware seeing as im doing what i want on software and its coming out how i want. I'm using cubase, reason, stacks of VST's, and the obvious turntable, mixer and midi controller.

Don't need anything added to this combination ;D

D

DJlow2

Reason 2.5, FL Studio, Cool edit Pro, Goldwave, Acid pro, Soundforge, Hammerhead, Toshiba Satellite laptop ( with car power adapter) for on the road productions, E machine, MDR Sony Studio Monitors, 3 micrphones, a brand new mic stand i bought yesterday, Yamaha midi keyboard, USB to MIDI controller, Stomper Hyperion...

*****-Lite.

-Dj Low 2

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Originally posted by Sober
nah i think your wrong about the mpc or any equipment like it. Since an mpc doesn't have any sounds think of it as a pencil and each artist renders his own imagination using that tool. Thus i don't think everyone will have the same sound. Synth's are another story:D
That was very well said and also the truth

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
Originally posted by numerike
Never really wanted hardware seeing as im doing what i want on software and its coming out how i want. I'm using cubase, reason, stacks of VST's, and the obvious turntable, mixer and midi controller.

Don't need anything added to this combination ;D

thats my setup almost exactly cept without the turntables...i also just coppd an electric guitar.... the only hardware i want is a vsynth to make some tripped out sounds

Architect

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Originally posted by Sober

oh sure I know the MPC doesn't have it's own sounds you load them all up, several of my peeps use an MPC and that's why I said what I said, "he can tell when a beat was made with an MP". When you start using different platforms/hardware software whatever your creativity is challenged and you find new ways to make more New HOT shit, which would be totally different than 10 producers using the same machine. I love the MPC don't get me wrong and I don't wish to start a debate about this, but its my observation on a lot of shit sounding the same: no originality; and a big majority of the producers doing so are all on MP's (I'm not blaming the hardware either).

B

beatbeast

I think it depends on the person behind the machine ....Look how swizz beatz gave the triton a bad rep and is doing the same for the motif...These are to incredible machines that do a lot but a producer like swizz is limited in what he can do far as making his beats sound different
When a person creates a trade mark sound the make it hard for themself to sound different

D

DJlow2

i gotta think that having a computer based studio is ideal nowadays... especially with the growing hardware expenses... and if you were bought up using hardwares then theres reason 2.5... with free upgrades... and plus... you can do like me and take your mini studio around with you via laptop... i really never got into the hardware aspect of music making aside from speaker wiring and midi keyboard hook up... to me it sounds like hardware has bought with it... a lot of limitations that the computer software has already exceded.

-Dj Low 2

W

Wisdom

ASR-10, Fruityloops(FL Studio), Cakewalk, Soundforge, Lexicon Hard Disk Recording system, M-Audio BX5 monitors, Shure SM57 (use Antares mic Modeler to model any studio mic).

members online

No members online now.