Music Engineer Charging me $150 for Instrumental to Perform Live?

• warzone round 1 voting begins in...

Is that about right? I recorded 2 songs in a professional studio... I was given my songs on a CD...

• does'nt sound right

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • i have the same question

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Eclipze

Is that about right? I recorded 2 songs in a professional studio... I was given my songs on a CD... then I lost the CD. All I need is 2 intrumentals with all the special effects on it to preform live how much do i really have to pay?

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
If they charge by the hour and they need two hours to redo the work you lost (at 75$ an hour) Then it is reasonable. If they have everything ready to go and can just push a button and have it done in 5 minutes then it is not. Ask them the hourly rate, then ask them how much time it will take to do the work. See if it matches.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
yep yep.. 150/hr? thats a record company's studio rate, back in the 80s-90s... but if thats their rate, im not sure u can argue it... a shame u lost it.. next time, try to copy it to another CD asap... and make sure its a high quality CD.. one thats more durable than the norm.

da relic

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
A flash drive would be awesome, too....

But go with DreamHolice.....

Eclipze

Thanks alot dream police I appreciate it. And thank you to the others.

If they charge by the hour and they need two hours to redo the work you lost (at 75$ an hour) Then it is reasonable. If they have everything ready to go and can just push a button and have it done in 5 minutes then it is not. Ask them the hourly rate, then ask them how much time it will take to do the work. See if it matches.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
fake Rel, and now fake Fade? sheesh... oh well.. if u cant beat em.. lol

da real..
Lol. I was here first.
Hey, the fake Fade is to represent the fact that there is no originality in these new kids coming out. It's also an inside joke about these Fockers who stole the IllMuzik name.
Lol I like your avatar change, everyone should be various avatars of Jason, confuse the fuck out of guests and noobs!

Step Soprano

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
If it's local and you can sit in the session, ask his rates and demand to be there when he does it. Chances are he did delete your shit as soon as you payed him the first time, I know I do. If i'm doing mixes for someone from out of state and they can only provide me the session as apposed to me recording and mixing it, I charge 150 a song typically.

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
I have a suggestion, Get your beats here instead of that studio. $150 will go along way here, comparatively. You will most likely get an EP or an albums worth or beats off somebody, instrumentals, vocals mixed in etc.