Music industry for the rest of your life?

• beat this! voting starts in...

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
5th:
The place that i intern at that teaches kids stuff is called the old library studio.

the pizza place is called mississippi pizza/mississippi studios.

word though, people in this areas need to get our shit together and connect more.

im about to go down to Eugene for college, but ima have to leave most of my gear here somewhere, so ill be back.

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
everyone in life has that one thing they want to do. but this is what happens,

1. they are put off when people tell them they will never make it, and its pointless chasing it
2. they work at it, and see its taking too much hardwork than expected and leave it, in which case they were probably doing the wrong thing in the first place.

Now for the 'being serious about music' thing, that way i see it is to have any success in life takes hardwork no matter what you do and no matter how much "talent" you may have at that particular thing. A famous quote i remember is "Without commitment you cannot have depth in anything".

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
afriquedeluxe said:

1. they are put off when people tell them they will never make it, and its pointless chasing it
2. they work at it, and see its taking too much hardwork than expected and leave it, in which case they were probably doing the wrong thing in the first place.

Now for the 'being serious about music' thing, that way i see it is to have any success in life takes hardwork no matter what you do and no matter how much "talent" you may have at that particular thing. A famous quote i remember is "Without commitment you cannot have depth in anything".

thats true

djswivel

Producer Extraordinaire
ill o.g.
afriquedeluxe said:

First of all, that quoute is 100% accurate!!

Second, your two points are dead on. Honestly, first thing is first, most people are haters. A lot of people who heard I was making this my career just laughed, said it wasn't gonna happen. My true friends I'm sure all had doubts, but they didn't ever express them to me. All my true friends are generally excited for me. But the people who were hating, clearly just wish they were doing something with their lives. You gotta ignore the haters. thing like this, how the fuck are you gonna let somebody else tell you that you can't do something. To me, that's calling me out. And I'll be damned if somebody says I can't. FUCK EM!!

As far as the second point, your dead on. If you get into it and feel like the work is too much, and decide to quit, then this industry was never for you in the first place. I think if you're doing something you love, you'll do anything to continue doing it. Whatever it takes. No matter how hard it is, at least you can wake up every day for the rest of your life and be happy about your life.

B

Burna

themucka said:
Im In This Shit Till I Can Retire In Amsterdam For The Rest Of My Life..

Producer Rite Now But Plan ... On Inking Our Prodcution Company And Turning It Into The Next Big Label...

Then After I Made 100,000,000 Sittting In The Bank.. I'll Retire 2 Being A Consultant

See that right there, is my exact Dreams.. sad if so, but true