Music Under The Influence

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
I'm more productive when drunk, I have the urge to make tracks forever, or until the alcohol wears off, However when I play the beats back the next day, they aren't always that great.

When high I can't be fucked to do jack shit, but when I get round to it, I manage to EQ everything perfectly while weeded. I also cut samples far better. The final product is always better.

It's normally best for me to be fucked all round when making music, However my best beats have been made while sober, bar the odd exception.

What about you?

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
I think its cuz your more relaxed and willing to try new things when your fucked up in some way. Your not so critical of yourself and you'll try expirementing with things. It's harder to kinda let go of being critical of what your working on while sober but thats the key of creatiivity right there.

I i'm so so when drunk. All depends on the samples I work with.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
WELL you posed the question to the right one.
At one time we were Convinced that we would get a sponsership from IceHouse(which I think they still owe me).
I have tried to make beats on many different substances mostly alcohol and I must say the sober stuff ends up being the best.
I dont care how good people say they can spit when they're high or drunk, they cant.
NOW that being said I have made some hot stuff under the influence.
Even some "Tooth Fairy" trax. Where I went to bed and woke up with some fire trax left in the studio.
I dont reccomend anyone try and mix or master under the influence of booze it just muddles the sound into mud.
So I believe all in all I have to agree with you wholeheartedly Mr. Fluffy Berserk person
and lets share a session some time!!!

S

Svenghali

Burna said:
Shit, my beats are 10x better when im high. LOL

Everybody's shit sounds better when you're high. I know I my shit is bhangin' harder when I'm on float.

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
Bottle of Gingerale and Some WineGums and im good to go Drinking Is ok to make beats on I just rather be Doin something more Active like Dancing or Fighting when im Drunk lol

bluchippa5

Golden Ear
ill o.g.
Burna said:
Shit, my beats are 10x better when im high. LOL

Co-sign for you on that one....Just make sure U pay the damn bill... I make that heat when i'm blowed. Not too blowed. Just enough to elevate my awareness. Everything just comes to me. My workflow increases like a mfucka too. I make bangas quick loaded, but drunk??? that shit don't do anything for me. and my freestyle is outrageous when i'm loaded. I'll take on anyone....really

50 cal

King of the West
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Seoul P said:
I don't understand how gettin high helps you guys. If you're under the influence, then technically it isn't really you poppin out that dope beat or whatever.

why do you say that, when your high your still your self, you just might think about stuff that you wouldn't when your sober.

nonie

Kohie
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
50 cal said:
why do you say that, when your high your still your self, you just might think about stuff that you wouldn't when your sober.

Yeah I know you're still yourself physically, but mentally, the drug takes over you and controls what you do. So mentally, you aren't a 100% yourself which makes what you're doing, not a 100% YOU. It's like with a dude that drank too much and that alcohol starts to take over the body. The person goes out and does some crazy stuff, but the next morning, they don't remember a thing.

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
you watch too many of those weed commercials.....have you ever smoked??? i know your only 14, what are they teaching you kids these days in school. I am about to graduate college, i have a job, and i am focused and i smoke all the time. And i dont know about you, but only certain people get crazy when they're drunk, personally i do not. When you get a little older, i'm sure you'll get down, or it might just be for some people. AND I'M SURE ABOUT 90% OF YOUR FAVORATE PRODUCERS GET HIGH, BELIEVE IT!!! AND LOOK WHERE THEY'RE AT

50 cal

King of the West
ill o.g.
Seoul P said:
Yeah I know you're still yourself physically, but mentally, the drug takes over you and controls what you do. So mentally, you aren't a 100% yourself which makes what you're doing, not a 100% YOU. It's like with a dude that drank too much and that alcohol starts to take over the body. The person goes out and does some crazy stuff, but the next morning, they don't remember a thing.

acohol is not the same as weed though, depending on how long somebody has been smoking they can function and still be themselves mentaly too, it's just your sub concious is working more than when you r sober, it's not like when your high you be seeing purple stars and rainbow moneys lol. my cousin smokes alot and he can drive and do whatever, he can completly function, he just acts goofy. i dont really smoke often, but sometimes, rarely i might sip some cough syrup with codine and it makes me feel like i'm floating, but i can focus more than when i'm sober.

bluchippa5

Golden Ear
ill o.g.
Seoul P said:

I hate to sound like the parent in this bitch and all, but seoul p, if i remember correctly ur under 21, so I really don't WANT to influence u to think that drugz make u better at making music. If u r dope as u are and u don't need to do drugz to make u better, then just ignore the rest of us who r throwing our lives away.

Its no different than the stories that already exist. Some of us don't need to be under the influence, Micheal Jackson, Babyface,etc. then there's some of us that do, like, 90% of the rap industry,98% of the rock and roll industry, Jimi Hendrix, Bob Marley,Ray Charles etc. Ur music reflects ur lifestyle. So if that isnt part of ur lifestyle, then it doesn't need to be part of ur music.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
50 cal said:
cough syrup with codine and it makes me feel like i'm floating, but i can focus more than when i'm sober.

be careful withthe cough syrup. it has dxm usuially (which should be on box) and dxm is some seriously crazy shit. Bad thing is, is that it causes permanent brain damage if taken too frequently. dxm is really not too be fucked with, weed is much much healther 50

just lookin out

a few times i took too much and passed out thinking i was dying, careful dog

50 cal

King of the West
ill o.g.
Chrono said:
be careful withthe cough syrup. it has dxm usuially (which should be on box) and dxm is some seriously crazy shit. Bad thing is, is that it causes permanent brain damage if taken too frequently. dxm is really not too be fucked with, weed is much much healther 50

just lookin out

a few times i took too much and passed out thinking i was dying, careful dog

yeah i know, i dont it very rarely, i usually be sick anyway lol, i just take advantage of the feeling and make beats.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Seoul P said:
I don't understand how gettin high helps you guys. If you're under the influence, then technically it isn't really you poppin out that dope beat or whatever.
Dude you dont need to smoke to make hot trax.
Thers a time and place for everything and its called college.
(a place I didnt get to go to cuz I got high all the time).
So get there first THEN get smoked out.
Especially if your 14 or whatever....
My best shit is always made sober and listened to lifted....

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Man, I don't waste my buzz infront of the computer making beats. PEACE!