Musical Inspiration thread.

Where do you guys get your inspiration from?
Many times I just get it from seeing the so many talented people on youtube, this came up on another thread. I think its worthy of a thread of its own. Feel free to post the tracks that really inspired you.

Im going to kick this thread off with a couple of the things that kick-started me back into music recently...
Starting with these live mashups by Elise Trouw

Dovydas kills it on the guitar to tiny audiences.

And of course Hans Zimmer.

Battle Points: 30
There is this youtube channel called Rousseau which I often visit, he covers numerous piano pieces from modern to classic.

Regarding Hiphop I mainly listen to british and dutch.

IMO the best dutch rapper at the moment

And my love for EDM will never die so here's the artist that has inspired me the most in my life:

There is this youtube channel called Rousseau which I often visit, he covers numerous piano pieces from modern to classic.

Regarding Hiphop I mainly listen to british and dutch.

IMO the best dutch rapper at the moment

And my love for EDM will never die so here's the artist that has inspired me the most in my life:

Ahh yes, Im familiar with Rousseau, just going to listen to some of the others.
We used to have a member here called Formantix, hes dutch. He mixed one of Ludacris's albums, I learned a lot about mixing from his tips alone, have been friends with him on facebook, but I dont think he posts on there any more. Havent heard from him in years.
Never really been a big fan of UK rappers, there are one or two that are really good, but most sound the same, just angry.
As for EDM, I also have a passion for drum n bass and old jungle tracks, minus the emcees hahahaha.
I will get around to listening to the others, Im just still listening to Rousseau right now.

Still listening to Rousseau, but had a thought, you might like Thomas Kruger aka Mr Pianoman.
Henri Herbert is pretty amazing too, Brendan "Do you know Boogie Woogie" Kavanaugh is really good too.

So much raw talent in this world its humbling.

That feed me track is great, thats what I try to come up with when doing house, just not very successfully.
I dont fuck with Stormzy, but that track wasnt bad.

Last edited:
@thedreampolice That first video, I cant believe she has her tits out and youtube have allowed it in 2019.
That Birocratic Beets 4 is dope as fuck. Gonna favorite that one.
Never really liked Lana Del Rey, I get depressed looking at her hahahahahaha. Its a good tune though, not what I expected.

That Birocratic beats 4 made me think of this...

Rase1

The last few weeks, its been Griselda for me. Cant get enuff of the gritty grimey.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
There's inspiration everywhere, sometimes it's just a small part of a song that motivates me, other times it's the way something is sung.

MorMor (from Toronto!) this guy is very talented. It's great how he sings this:

This one has funky written all over it:

And of course:

@Fade that treat you better has a real daft punk vibe to it at least up until the first hook. Really like that song.
Been really enjoying looking for covers that people have done that they have made their own and are better than the originals. Get a fresh take on some modern classic, prime sample material.

As for the executioners, no comment necessary, you already know.

members online