Must be nice....

"Harvard opened my eyes and my mind to the world," Rockefeller said in a statement. "It was because of Harvard's language requirement that I spent the summer of 1933 in Germany and saw firsthand the ominous rise of fascism. And it was at Harvard that I first studied art history," the noted art collector said.

I didnt know he was there at the time, it wouldnt surprise me the slightest if he wasnt behind the scenes puppet mastering the nazis too.
I see the bulk of the cash is going to "trips overseas" - sounds about right, teaching a globalistic education.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
like they needed more money

FuzE

i make beatz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 99
well i made a 25 dollar contribution to my alma mater this year, and i'm proud of it. lol. I didnt get a building named after me but, they did send me a sticker to put in my rear windshield. i cant front, i really felt proud when i got that thing in the mail.

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
like they needed more money

Exactly my thoughts, I think an undergrad program is fifty grand a year or something outrageous like that. Plus they own a ton of buildings and land, only accept maybe 3 or 4% of applicants, what the fuck do they need donations for?

Private Universities are just like any other corporations, I think Rockefeller should give another hundred million to Burger King.

DJ Excellence

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 229
Obviously Harvard is a rich school that doesn't really need that kind of donations in order to survive. However, if you 've ever been to college, you are thankful to those "donators'' as they finance new buildings, libraries, scholarship programs, so on and so on.

It's not that obvious for Ivy league schools like HU, however it does help State schools and small liberal colleges a lot.

''About $70 million will be used to expand Harvard's student travel and study abroad programs and $30 million will go to arts education, the Cambridge, Massachusetts, school said in a statement on Friday''

Not all Harvard students come from wealthy families, maybe the 70 M will allow some less fortunate to travel abroad. Maybe the 30M will be used on scholarships for those who desperately need it.

Since I live in Boston, I can tell you that not all HU students are spoiled brats.

The bottom line is eventhough, those donations greatly benefit the donators (think taxes), they also benefit the students (which really matters).

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
Exactly my thoughts, I think an undergrad program is fifty grand a year or something outrageous like that. Plus they own a ton of buildings and land, only accept maybe 3 or 4% of applicants, what the fuck do they need donations for?

Private Universities are just like any other corporations, I think Rockefeller should give another hundred million to Burger King.

i knoe right let alone the biggest donation ever