must have vst's and software.

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
i am halfway new to the software side of beatmaking. so far i have used nuendo 3.2 , zero g nostalgia, acid, reason, FL, cakewalk and cooledit. i used to be a hardware head but the simplicity of the software side has drawn me over to be on both sides now. plus all the free programs i get from friends... so i was wondering what all vst's and whatnot does everyone think is irreplaceable or a musthave, whats hot, and whats supposed to be hot.
the other day i was searching for some kind of horror vst, something that i can make some spooky shit with, the only thing that i found simular to my decription was------------------------------------->http://www.audiomastermind.com/detail-gargoyle-9675.html ---------------------but had no idea how to download!!!?!!!

p.s. i was also wondering how many of you use final scratch or serato. i want to get one of these but have no idea which one is better. so what is your input on this?

thanks alot,
ELDIA

C

Carpe Diem

Spectasonics Triology for the rawest basslines around... Also check the Korg Legacy collection...

breal

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
If you are a hardware person.I would get Battern 3 and a mpc.
Then you will have the best of both worlds.

O

open mind

well, if you are producing hiphop then u should have a MOOG VST! its a must have IMO.
i would recommend the Minimoog V or the Minimonsta.

paradigmshifter

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
As far as VST instruments... check out:

ReFX Vanguard - Cool leads and "analog synth" sounds
ABL Pro - Nice Bass Module
Spectrasonic's Trilogy - Sick Bass Module... down side; sample based, big library...
Minimonsta
Poizone & Toxic III >>> from Image-Line, available with FL Studio 7 or as VSTi also...
Korg Legacy Collection
Native Instruments... Absynth, Massive, FM8, etc... NI makes great stuff for sound design...
Check out Ultimate Sound Bank for their plug-pro bundle...
FabFilter One & Twin
RealGuitar... as real as it gets when it comes to Guitar Modules...
Samplers: HaLion and/or Sampletank

For Effects & Inserts...
Izotope Ozone 3... great for Mastering...
Blue Tube Bundle... this one has the best digital limiter I've ever used...
Waves Diamond Bundle
Sonitus:fx Bundle
NI Guitar Rig
Amplitube

The best you can do is get all the software demos you can get your hands on and determine if the software would be a good production tool for what you do... is always good to have different things at your disposal, you never know which plug-in is going to inspire the next hit...

Peace.

www.myspace.com/sonicparadigmshift

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
I second on the NI selection.....Kontakt as a sampler is crazy....And Massive and FM8 are sum of the best synths i have heard...for non NI software RealGuitar is nice,but u will seriously feel like your cheating.....

R

Rich

I second on the NI selection.....Kontakt as a sampler is crazy....And Massive and FM8 are sum of the best synths i have heard...for non NI software RealGuitar is nice,but u will seriously feel like your cheating.....

....Why?

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
If you are a hardware person.I would get Battern 3 and a mpc.
Then you will have the best of both worlds.

already have an mpc, ........... really appreciating all the replies i will definitely check out some of these..
thanks,
ELDIA

oh yeah,, its hip hop

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
i wanna know what everyone else in the iLL fam is using. so if you use virtual instruments and have come across this thread please contribute.
thanks

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221

hehe i know what you mean. but its worse with Virtual Guitar! Atleast with real guitar you actually have control over the strumming, and you dont just hold down a chord and it strums it for you.

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 152
heres few that i use

Kontakt2, B4 Hammond, massive, absynth4, minimonsta, Cakewalk Rapture, z3ta+, FM8, pro53, surge, albino4, WizooverbW2 (best reverb plugin i ever heard), antares tube, antares filter, betabugs crayon filter, MB TLF, MB Creambass, melodyne VST (for pitch correction)

pz

D

DJ DDawg

could someone post some websites where I can download some free but good vst's that work with fl?

djloccdown

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
could someone post some websites where I can download some free but good vst's that work with fl?

Check the Resource section.
U will find everything there,
I use Battery 2, Rob Papen Predator (Fav synth), Albino 3, Z3ta.
And for effects, Waves Diamond Bundle and Sonitus fx.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Logic Pro
FL

PSP Vintage warmer 2.0
PSP Mixpack
DSPFX
Amplitube
Anything by Ohmboyz

Korg Legacy
Refx Vanguard
Anything by Linnplug (rob papen)
NI B4
AAS Loungelizard
MicroTonic!

veon

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Check the Resource section.
U will find everything there,
I use Battery 2, Rob Papen Predator (Fav synth), Albino 3, Z3ta.
And for effects, Waves Diamond Bundle and Sonitus fx.

Predator is the bomb :D:D i use it often too

Also the rest of my must have list:

sampletank
minimonsta
trilogy
atmosphere
xphraze
rapture
terra
z3ta+
phatmatikPro

the effect list is 3 times longer :D

later edit: i forgot the NI instruments but thats like industry standard :p Battery 3 Kontakt Intakt

members online