Muting on the Playlist

T

The Arkitekt

Is there any way to mute certain parts of patterns or audio thats placed on the play list?

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
If you don't want a part of the song not to be played on the playlist, you can either:

- Put the part you want to "mute" on a different pattern... or make a pattern where you have only the channels you want... (ex: If you want to mute the kick on a pattern where there is a kick, a snare and a piano... just make a pattern with just the snare and the piano...) And make your playlist accordingly

- Make an automation on the mute buttons

T

The Arkitekt

Thats what I been doing, just cloning the pattern and taking out what I dont want. How would I make an automation?

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
T

The Arkitekt

Ight dude, ima check those links out a little later, good lookin out.

kaivai

Reppin V.I.C
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
if you want to mute a section of the song you could automate the master track, just right click the master track fader and look for create automation clip and it will create a automation clip in the playlist that you can draw automation manually on using the mouse, its primo for drawing volume and fx envelopes for crescendos and stufffff

hope this helps in conjunction!

kaivai

divineaspex

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
you can also take the pattern and put it in the audio pattern sequencer and just slice off the beat or bar that u dont want. I actually just figured this out , because it was a good question.

members online