MV-8000 question (regarding studio setup)

Hitz_Production

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Yo, here's the deal. i now have an mbox with protools le, motif rack-es, and a mac g5 along wit other stuff. so here's the question, im looking to cop a MV-8000, and digi002 and i wanna know if i can hook up a midi controller to the motif, sync the roland MV to the motif and sequence in the the MV and when im ready to mix, dump the individual wav files in protools and then mix. sorry if this sounds confusing, lemmie know how i can do this. (midi sequencing in protools gets quite tedious)

misscc803

Miss C.C.
ill o.g.
Well i hope u know u can actually do the mixing in the MV-8000. The mv-8000 can also act as an hard disk recorder. But you can transfer your individual tracks via the USB I believe. I dont own an mv-8000 but im actually doin research on it and Im in the process of buying one myself. I like the fact that you can do everything in the mv-8000 then record the finished product to a cd. You should def hit the roland site up and check out the helpful pdf's and vidz.

Nicole

FSC

Royal Souf Productions
ill o.g.
You can do all of that and/or you can go misscc803 route.... If you haven't already check out www.mv-nation.com

I think i remember seeing a post of someone doing the samething as you wanted

young_keyz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Hitz_Production said:
Yo, here's the deal. i now have an mbox with protools le, motif rack-es, and a mac g5 along wit other stuff. so here's the question, im looking to cop a MV-8000, and digi002 and i wanna know if i can hook up a midi controller to the motif, sync the roland MV to the motif and sequence in the the MV and when im ready to mix, dump the individual wav files in protools and then mix. sorry if this sounds confusing, lemmie know how i can do this. (midi sequencing in protools gets quite tedious)

Yes you can do everything you have ask! I have a Motif es 6 Mv 8000 and nord lead that i sync up to my motu 828 and nuendo! Now days i only use the computer when it comes to working with local artist or up and coming artist and i need track the beat with every instrument on its own track cause i plan to send it off via email so then can drop vocals and have there peoples mix it to there taste. When it comes to making a beat and tweaking it to sound right i only use the mv and motif/nord lead! The mv has line inputs so i can connect my motif and nord lead right to it and when i have the track the way i want it to sound i can just mix it all down in the mv and master it and burn it to a cd!