my first "beatmaking video"

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
LOL, nice video. You do a good job of keeping the video moving and explaining stuff. That's important. I'm feeling the whole phone on the coffee mug thing, I've moved furniture just to set my camera and light up properly. It's a pain.

I'm disappointed though that you didn't start it off by going "WHAT UP ITSYABOY DUSTYBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE THAT'S ON GOD ON GOD FRFR BRRRRAPP".

I must say though, you look and sound like a guy that would try to sell me something. "IT'S NOT A PYRAMID SCHEME BRO, IT'S THE OPPOSITE!"

Are you planning on doing some more videos?

Dusty B

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 37
yeah I think I'm going to but really for fun and to get ppl to know me more, to help the channel grow! not really for "education" but hopefully just to help add a human element to the channel I guess instead of just beats haha as you can see I like to joke around, talk shit, not take myself too serious so trying to show that !!

thanks for watching!!!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
yeah I think I'm going to but really for fun and to get ppl to know me more, to help the channel grow! not really for "education" but hopefully just to help add a human element to the channel I guess instead of just beats haha as you can see I like to joke around, talk shit, not take myself too serious so trying to show that !!

thanks for watching!!!
I wouldn't take the Youtube channel too seriously though from my experience. It's A LOT of work with little reward unless you blow up.

But if your channel is you recording yourself punching your own face 1000 times while singing a Taylor Swift song, then you can quit your day job.

We're so used to seeing videos all the time but man, it's a lot of effort involved and I don't think people realize even just doing a short video like you did, how much goes into it.

Is that your dedicated space for beat making though?

Dusty B

ILLIEN
I wouldn't take the Youtube channel too seriously though from my experience. It's A LOT of work with little reward unless you blow up.

But if your channel is you recording yourself punching your own face 1000 times while singing a Taylor Swift song, then you can quit your day job.

We're so used to seeing videos all the time but man, it's a lot of effort involved and I don't think people realize even just doing a short video like you did, how much goes into it.

Is that your dedicated space for beat making though?
yeah it's my home office I have a 10x8 space where I can escape because my kids have taken over the rest of the house

Dusty B

ILLIEN
Is that your natural personality? You give the vibe of having been a stand up or in a live performance / recorded type space before.
yes + somewhat exaggerated for the video, mostly just the opening though, rest of it was just me talking. I didn't script anything, just had the idea to make a "lofi" beatmaking vid while poking fun, so pressed record and went with it. There was an extra 2 mins or so that I cut.

No live performance background but have given my fair share of presentations at work. I've been working remote for almost 4 years plus always working on geographically dispersed teams so I guess I'm getting used to talking to the screen lol

so should I keep making these haha

Leopard Cohen

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 19
Good on ya for putting yourself out there Dusty.
I enjoyed the vid. It was engaging, funny, educational without being stuffy, etc. And the length was perfect, short and sweet without a bunch of filler.

When you doing your first unboxing vid?

Leopard Cohen

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 19
Mr Hankey Christmas GIF by South Park

members online