my mixer produces no sound?

J Cro

Hulkamaniac
ill o.g.
i got my new turn table and shit hooked up and i get no sound out my mixer.

its a numark dm950 usb. nothing into the comp and nothing into the headphones.
i dunno what is goin on?

anyone have any insight. its hooked up the coirrect way and ive tried messin wit all the knobs and faders and im stumped

Jay

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
1st. Do you hear any sound from the needle on the record even when no audio is audible. I hope you know what I am talking about.

2nd. Is the needle hooked up properly and/or is it broken?

3rd. Are you plugging in you turntable into the right port i.e. line/phono. Make sure its phono.

4th. are your headphones broke?

these are all I can think of right now but try them all.

J Cro

Hulkamaniac
ill o.g.
yea u can hear the record at the needle.
its plugged into phono the headphones work. i dunno man. im completly stumped

J Cro

Hulkamaniac
ill o.g.
ok, i plugged the turn table directly into my stereo and it plays (altho its very low which is because its not a phono jack im sure) but regardless it plays so i kno the problem is at the mixer. which i dunno what the deal is. should i jus go return it?

Jay said:
so whats the prob. Just plug in some speakers.
they work on other stuff but not the mixer and he mixer is put to my stereo and it dont work.
o well ima figure it out later

Snuffdaddy

ill o.g.
You sure its not a setting on the mixer? You've got whichever channel the turntable is connected to assigned to phono (not line)? Master volume isn't all the way down? Crossfader and channel faders are alright, too?
Can you try running a line signal into the line in and see if anything comes out of the speakers?

J Cro

Hulkamaniac
ill o.g.
i figured it out. for some reason if u plug it into whats labeled phono it dont work. plug it into line and it works o well.

Snuffdaddy

ill o.g.
Lawtown Junky said:
i figured it out. for some reason if u plug it into whats labeled phono it dont work. plug it into line and it works o well.
Thats definitely strange. ...As long as you sure you had the phono/line switch in the phono position when you were trying before. You buy it new or second hand?

J Cro

Hulkamaniac
ill o.g.
the switch for phono and line is the same kus it also has usb so u can mix songs from ur comp as well .

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 180

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I didn't realize mixers had usb. I get feedback if i don't mute a channel because I have my mixer going in and out of my sound card, I bet usb would eliminate my feedback issue making it even more easy to mix shit.

J Cro

Hulkamaniac
ill o.g.
Chrono said:
I didn't realize mixers had usb. I get feedback if i don't mute a channel because I have my mixer going in and out of my sound card, I bet usb would eliminate my feedback issue making it even more easy to mix shit.

i didnt know either until i saw it at the store