My rantings...

C

Copenhagen

(Maybe we should have a weekly thread for this to get stuff off our chest ;) )

Anyway, I'm not really irritated but the below bugs me...

1. Have been ill parts of last week and stayed home and watched TV and saw a few music videos etc. Saw some Linkin Park video and noticed a DJ in the video...and what looked like a MPC or some sampler. Now, I'm not hearing any scratches in the song at all and no samples either...all instruments being played are on stage...so why the fuck is the DJ pretending to sweat over some shit? And this is not just Linkin Park (who I know sometimes have scratches)...but every fucking video has some DJ sweating over his turntables...and no scratches, loops, samples etc are in the song...why is it such a trend?

2. Ja Rule! God Damn! Saw his video "Reign". Now, I'm already hating on him for the fact that Murda Inc is the most money hungry label alive...they'd sell a piece of their own ass to get a little dough, Ja Rule sounds like he's got asthma or is taking a dump and the little self acclaimed "Princess of HipHop", Ashanti, is an R&B whore who really ain't the best singer. Anyway, to get to the point, the video ends with Ja being shot (Amen to that) but then pictures of Tupac and Biggie flashes by, like his indirectly comparing himself to them. We all know he'll never match either one of them...and then the video ends with the writing "Hip-Hop is Dying" and some line about we should do something about it. Doesn't he get that he is one of the reasons that Hip-Hop is dying...him and Murda Inc's candy-coated music fillers...?!?

3. Gangstarr. Guru is not as sharp as he used to be and Primo could use a little innovation (but is still the man)...but my concern is a skit with, I think Primo, shouting what the fuck is going on...and people should get their act together...and what is this faggot ass music everybody is playing on the radio...dissing DJ's for playing mainstream etc...but still, Gangstarr has features like Snoop and Fat Joe...both commercially successful artists (especially Fat Joe has been making some of the candy-coated pop). It seems their real concern is that they not getting as much airplay as they used too and thereby less money...which I can't see is a bad thing if they want to be, and claim to be, as underground as they say.

What do ya'll think? Have I misunderstood? Am I loosing it and should I be admitted to a Psychiatric Hospital? :D

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yeah you're losing it. I won't rant because I just did an article, but I agree with the DJ thing you said. I've even seen some DJ's on stage and the shit's not even plugged in!

And how many times does Ashanti say "baby"??? Every godamn song, that's how many.

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Your spot on with the first two points. I've even seen a few soft drink commercials with fake-ass DJs sweating over some turntables and it pisses me off.
I can't stand Ja-Rule or his music. He's wack as f*ck! His singles are hella corny and the rest of the songs on his album are trash. Muder Inc are a waste of time. I wouldn't be suprised if they're not around for too much longer.
I haven't peeped the new Gangstar joint but you're probably right about what you say there too.

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
i 2 wana get sumtin off my chest, i hate dat new trck by keith murray featurin erik sermon n red man, i think its called 'ye ye u kno it'. dat trck is wack, beyond the term itself, i really hate it, even mo dat now da video is played alot on mtvbase. i cant believe sumtin likee dis cud b released, man da beat is really really wack....but i think dats jus me, plz people dont reply arguin bout dis cuz i jus wanted 2 get it off my chest....hehe jus like da thread say 'Maybe we should have a weekly thread for this to get stuff off our chest '

C

Copenhagen

Yeaah I know, but they don't have enough ressources to admit me at the moment because your mother is too demanding :)

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
OUCHHHHH! hahahaha, I feel you on your thread Cope, I agree with all you said and no I don't think it's you. I think that the industry needs to raise the bar and get rid of the trash. Ja is played out period. I think he knows that he is on his way out and he's just trying to juice the industry for everything that he can now.

note to all weak rappers: When you're success comes from doing hooks in someone else's song, its time to get out the business, leave, bounce.

dac1

O

otniel-one

i hope you don't mean that pharoahe monch is ready for
the rocking chairs after singin the hook on styles p:s my life..

then again he's not a weak rapper.

members online