My White MC Post

Shwaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
The response to my post about handling a white MC's voice in post-production highlighted a problem on this board.

I feel like when a question is asked on here I often see it dismissed with general answers and a know-it-all attitude. People know their shit, but they are not above asking the board to share their knowledge so we can all learn. If your going to respond, think about doing so with that same humility.

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
Shwaz said:
The response to my post about handling a white MC's voice in post-production highlighted a problem on this board.

I feel like when a question is asked on here I often see it dismissed with general answers and a know-it-all attitude. People know their shit, but they are not above asking the board to share their knowledge so we can all learn. If your going to respond, think about doing so with that same humility.

In my opinion illmuzik is probably one of the few places on the internet (especially for music production) where you can get some useful information. It has personally helped me out a great deal, without a lot of the nonsense and general immaturity that plague other forums and sites.

In the post "handling vocals w/ white MC's" there was a legitamite question in your post, but maybe you could have phrased it a lil' better -or- posted again stating "this is what I meant" stating your position a lil' better.
Despite some backlash at your post, people STILL gave you the benefit of the doubt and
posted some useful info that I hope you benefitted from.

If you think illmuzik is bad or has dissapointed you, I can give you some links to some sites where they do nothing but clown all day and nobody is really serious about their music. Take your post as maybe people misunderstood where you were coming from and keep it moving.

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
ya people are really touchy with stuff like that here maybe its how you worded it. If you maybe said How do you Deal with Mc's with that Eminem Type of Tone people would of answered your question. I Dont think you did it on Purpose or were tryna be Malicious I just think you said it out of ignorance cuz you didint expect people wud get all emotional over it

T

The Bastard

Shwaz said:

what part of mass you from cracka? im from malden by way of scumerville. massachusettes is infesting this board quicker than roaches in a crack motel. we cant be stopped

L. Soul

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Exactly, I think it just was how you phrased it. It seemed at first like a joke then slightly racist. In these days everybody feels there is racism and putting out statements in such an upfront matter kind of attacks people at such an emotional spot will get various reactions - most of which negative.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
lol. most of us didn't think u were serious. maybe the way u typed it. go look at my last post in ur thread. it should help u out.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
shadeed said:
In the post "handling vocals w/ white MC's" there was a legitamite question in your post, but maybe you could have phrased it a lil' better -or- posted again stating "this is what I meant" stating your position a lil' better.
Despite some backlash at your post, people STILL gave you the benefit of the doubt and
posted some useful info that I hope you benefitted from.

If you think illmuzik is bad or has dissapointed you, I can give you some links to some sites where they do nothing but clown all day

it's also a good idea to write diplomatically with potientially sensitive topics. If you do that you can leave less room for criticisim and speculation.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I don't think that this forum is like that, that's what we've working hard to avoid all these years! I think it's just your thread and the way you worded things that made everyone react the way they did. But that's also why I step in once in a while and tell everyone to get back on track, otherwise this forum WILL turn into all the other sites, which is a terrible thing. :(

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
Shwaz said:

I haven't read your previous post, but IT WAS a fucked up question!. LIke someone said you should've asked how to deal with someone with the type of tone of voice like Eminem
on the SSLP.

Shwaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Ok, if you are all saying it is just a case of my own unclear writing then thats whats up.

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
i dnt think the way the wording of the question was it did seem like you were being racist in your post ! obviously you werent but it came across as that !
i dnt think peoples replies were no-it-all but people just thought im not guna help sum1 who is guna post such a seemingly racist and stupid post so there was just misunderstandings on both parts !

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
Shwaz said:

thas tru son i noticed that to..JUST ANSWER THE QUESTIONS!!!!!!

Craig Gantt

Microphone Violator
ill o.g.
i didnt know he was serious either, Eminem's nasal voice is crazy because its supposed to be annoying as hell but he makes it work somehow I doubt thats mastering on his voice though its probably something that he does to keep the harmony. I think alot of people associate a deeper bass filled with voice with black folks and a higher nasal pitch with white folks but thats just stereo types people build around the biggest names in hip hop. Remember protools isnt magic it all starts with the preformance all you can do is polish not create

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
Craig Gantt said:
Remember protools isnt magic it all starts with the preformance all you can do is polish not create

thats good thinkin man i like that idea, alot of people think they can make a average singer sound like MJ with EQ and compression etc. it aint happenin.

members online