Myspace Contacts- Can they be legitimate?

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
^ lol nice angle but fed law or not they got an angle because if you sign somthing saying you agree to it even if it isnt the law then thats what you agree to.
Now that you say this tho I wonder how long before someone sues.
Hell though , the big boys are up in there so if they are there I guess we should be up in there as well.
Just heard the guy who bought my space got it for 500 mil it is now worth 10 times that much.
They arent trying to screw up anything I think at this point by blatantly jacking beats and songs. Cuz really thats a dream for an unknown if you can get the lawyer. Publicity controversey and big money.

mp3

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Relic said:
^ lol nice angle but fed law or not they got an angle because if you sign somthing saying you agree to it even if it isnt the law then thats what you agree to.
Now that you say this tho I wonder how long before someone sues.
Hell though , the big boys are up in there so if they are there I guess we should be up in there as well.
Just heard the guy who bought my space got it for 500 mil it is now worth 10 times that much.
They arent trying to screw up anything I think at this point by blatantly jacking beats and songs. Cuz really thats a dream for an unknown if you can get the lawyer. Publicity controversey and big money.

I hear you, but just basically based on history, a judge will shred any bullshit agreement like that. Especially if they use that agreement to make a whole bunch of change and rip us (the copyright holders) off. That's why I say fed law takes precedence. And the lawyers who wrote that agreement know that. that's why they're called agreements and not contracts.

and just like you say, there's about a million beatmakers and lawyers that would love to get a chunk of that money and publicity.

My whole take on the thing is that at this point, I need to be more worried about getting exposure than getting jacked. Scared money don't make none. Now if I was slangin beats for $10,000 a pop then the equation changes

Agent Smith said:
pretty much agree. although i've made some pretty important connections (at least one ending up in a working relationship) with some established acts, myspace is definitely not all it's cracked up to be.

Did any of you with myspace read the terms and conditions before you put your music or pictures up? after reading this i decided not to put any new stuff up.

"Proprietary Rights in Content on MySpace.com. By displaying or publishing ("posting") any Content, messages, text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, profiles, works of authorship, or any other materials (collectively, "Content") on or through the Services, you hereby grant to MySpace.com, a non-exclusive, fully-paid and royalty-free, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense through unlimited levels of sublicensees) to use, copy, modify, adapt, translate, publicly perform, publicly display, store, reproduce, transmit, and distribute such Content on and through the Services. This license will terminate at the time you remove such Content from the Services. Notwithstanding the foregoing, a back-up or residual copy of the Content posted by you may remain on the MySpace.com servers after you have removed the Content from the Services, and MySpace.com retains the rights to those copies. You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the Content posted by you on or through the Services or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in this section, and (ii) the posting of your Content on or through the Services does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing any person by reason of any Content posted by you to or through the Services. "

this basically means they can use any thing you post up on your site, edit it, adapt it, reproduce it, etc and not give you credit. we're talking about fox here...not just some dude at a computer anymore. that means instead of fox having to approach you to use your beats in commercials if they wanted, they can just jank it off the site for free. it's like a giant pool of talent that doesn't know better...sort of like that movie "the island"...

Their NON-EXCLUSIVE license expires when you remove the material from the site. Its a promo tool, that I think works pretty well for that purpose.

members online