....n further.... ;)

S

suPapi

yeah,
u know i got the new audiophile 24 96 soundcard (i love the sound....nearly no difference between my hifi n the samples),
n not a SB, u know if i can use this soundfonts on my gear either ???
i would even like to post my first 2 beats somewhere, so u fellaz could criticize me !!! yeah, would love that heh.

so where ya from n what kinda music u into ??

i LOVE konceptual dominance, tha cali agents, mcenroe
the moonies, MR.LIF, mathematic......pumpkinhead n the skemeteam..........yeah the LIVING LEGENDS how could i forget........tupac, juice, sage francis n many more......
and im from germany

peace

:headbang: - jus came back from kung fu training n my fuckin neck hurts ;) this fucker is a sadist

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
I can't answer the first question, fade's the software expert!

You can post you beats in the ***Beat This*** threads that we post, we'd love to hear what you got!

As for me, I like any music! With a few exceptions...

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Originally posted by suPapi
yeah,
u know i got the new audiophile 24 96 soundcard (i love the sound....nearly no difference between my hifi n the samples),
n not a SB, u know if i can use this soundfonts on my gear either ???

I'm not sure what you're asking here. You want to know if you can use soundfonts with your soundcard? Of course you can. It all depends on what kind of sequencing software you're using.

S

superglue782

Fade,
Could you go into the soundfont thing a little deeper? I read some stuff on the net, but Im still a little confused. Are they basically synth presets for your comps synth? Can I control them via an external MIDI source? What other software do I need? Sorry if this has been asked before...Thanks

C

charlysparks

An article about soundfonts would be pretty useful
If you got time when you get in from work....................

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yeah I'd like to do an article on soundfonts, but there's not a whole lot to explain.

A soundfont is just a bunch of presets that you load into your sequencing software. If you have a Soundblaster soundcard, it already comes with soundfonts. Basically it's like having a hardware sound module, except it's software. You can play them with your external MIDI keyboard, and record them back into your computer.

Since I use Cakewalk Sonar, it has a feature to load soundfonts in automatically. I don't know about Cubase or Logic, but I'm sure it's pretty easy too.

It's very easy to setup and use soundfonts.

If you guys have any problems, let me know and I'll try to help out, but I'm going to be busy for the next week. I'll try my best to do an article.

:booty:

S

suPapi

salaam

hey what up hiphop lovers??
everything tight.....

i don know, i read that your soundcard s got to have internal memory to load them fonts into, and then use 'em from there.
but my soundcard ain got nothin to load files into......
(n im workin with soundforge an cubase+i got no midi keyboard)
but im shittin on it :rolleyes: found a few subbasses on the net
n filtered them a bit to get different tones....it works.

in the beginning i thought, everything, that is away from sampling
vinyl is "unhonostly" or shit :) , but i found a few realy NICE samples on the net, so i changed my position about that (a bit).

yo as im producin only for my homies and me to make some little music i dont realy bother bout copyrights, regarding to my samples.
You got any experience in that direction.....should i be more careful or something ??

for the end i got a HIGHLY recommended song for yall, its a kinda old but im sure some people dont know it.
"mic like a memory" - Cunnin'lynguists
you should get that on AG, peep it, the beat is killin me

c ya
:eek: gawn to sleep

S

suPapi

! burn in hell !

:moon:
mooniiiiieeeeeeee !! :)

yo how can i post my beats for u....

have i got to start some homepage to post them there or what ??

ciao

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
All you gotta do is find some free webspace and post your beats there! you can try geocities.com or angelfire.com for now.. if you look on yahoo or google, just type free webspace providers or something like that and you'll get a nice listing. hope this helps!

members online