Name some of your favorite Hip Hop moments

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Whether it be from live concerts, something you saw or heard, etc.

Me:
  • Seeing Public Enemy live in 1990 (in their prime) (yes, I'm old)
  • Hearing Licensed to ILL
  • Buying my first pair of Technics 1200's and the smell when opening the box
  • Standing in line in the cold waiting to get into a show and getting high from the weed fumes nearby

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 170
Losing a battle to K Rino
Seeing Treach in the mall, asking to spit something for him, being told no, then him getting my female cousins' phone number
battling C Rayz Walls
Hearing LL Cool j's Radio for the first time
Realizing people thought i resembled Big Daddy Kane
seeing Krush Groove
Being backstage at a talent show and hearing the guest judge , Kurtis Blow, debating on who would win a battle between Rakim and Big Daddy Kane.

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 170
seeing outkast before anybody knew who they were (i was in college '93, and hardly anyone showed up for their show)
seeing ice cube in concert
making pause tapes (not knowing they had a name, i was just doing what i liked)
Ice Cube used to be dope in concert.

C

Calamity

Ecstatic-era Mos Def walking into my boy's store in downtown New Orleans
Hearing Illmatic
Sneaking into a bar to see OneBeLo perform when I was a youngin..first time I had seen a true MC in person
'03-'07 Common/Kanye

Craftmaster

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
Up In Smoke Tour - Sunrise FL

Outkast Reunion last year - Tampa FL

Recording Kevin Gates, talking to him and realizing how intelligent is actually is.

Seeing Jackie O in a wet wife beater LOL

Putting together the "Hostile Take Over Tour" South Florida date. Not seeing a minute of the show cause I couldn't trust anyone to watch the door...Having to stop the local opener's entourage from jumping on stage and beating up MGK becuase the first thing MGK did was get on the mic and talk shit about them AND the Miami Heat (it was the first year Lebron came, and regardless of what ESPN tells you, heat fans are actually pretty die hard)

Going outside to smoke a cigarette behind a club only to be followed outside by Tek from Coco Brovas who needed a light. Then messing with him about wearing a hoodie in tims in July in Miami.

Having Stic man from dead prez be a total dick to me during his set point me out talking bout "if you just here to get fucked up and enjoy the music we aint trying to fuck with you"....then when their singer got on stage she was stumbling drunk and couldn't perform and the crowd booed them until they ended their set early...those guys are dicks...seriously.

Then meeting and recording Stic man in person at the studio 2 days later and having awesome converations about life and spirituality and how puerto ricans are africans and shit lol. I didn't give him a hard time about the show because at this point I was just like this guy is kinda full of shit.

Last edited:

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
Seeing De La Soul live in 2001
Seeing Prince Paul perform
Seeing Pete Rock and CL Smooth w/ Camp Lo
Basically every album in 93-94 has some kind of amazing memory attached with it.

members online