Nas disses Kobe on ESPN SportsCenter

FTdub

SP1200 manhandler
ill o.g.
In a 4 part series on Kobe, this one focused on his image. They have interviews with Devean George, Mitch Kupchek, and LA media voicing their opinion on his image. Then they reference Nas' Our Heroes from Thief's Theme and interview Nas. He says Kobe is acting like a sellout...An one minute he thinks he's MJ and the next he is AI, Kobe's confused.
I'm a Lakers fan and I don't even like him anymore. On a side note Dan Dickau is a Beeotch.

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
yeah i realised Nas was heavy dissing Kobe on Our Heroes on Streets Disciple. i think he also said somethin about Cuba Gooding jnr.

sAfE.

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
iLLVA1 said:
yea i dont like kobe either...but i never have. but i think it was anything bad that he said about cuba.
Nas calls out Cuba Gooding Jr, Taye Diggs, And Tiger Woods at the end of the song for marrying white woman which in his opinion is sellin out. As a Laker Fan i would hate to see Kobe get hurt,but Saturday i need Shaq just to hit him one good time to get some sense back in his head. Dan Dickau is a bitch. Was he crying last night?

juzblazwun

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yeah Kobe did some dumb shit like squeelin' on Shaq... he straight broke code. But most of the shit has been just media hype. I'm a Laker fan and wished things could have gone better, but Kobe aint pulling as many strings as everyone thinks. Jerry Buss ain't no fool when it comes to business.
No one has blames Jerry for shit. You got to think about that.

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
J Rilla said:
Nas calls out Cuba Gooding Jr, Taye Diggs, And Tiger Woods at the end of the song for marrying white woman which in his opinion is sellin out.

i think thats a stupid thing to say. i wouldnt expect to hear that shit from Nas. what does he want black and white people to go on ignoring and hating each other forever???

sAfE.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
man for real, this is a bitch move on nas's part.

im tired of rappers peeling off on easy targets..... lets see.... the entire sports media, including former players, current players, fans, everyone hates this dude and people will go out of there way to get a shot in on him.

nas should, better then anyone, know what it is like to have the world against you. always talking about, "we should work harder to build community" nonsense, and yet, with this, he's like....lets go and kick another black dude while he is down, while everyone else is kickin him, let me get some shots in..." where is his sense of community now? fuck nas for this.

nas is one of my favorite mc's, but this a cowardly act on his part.

FTdub

SP1200 manhandler
ill o.g.
No, Nas is trying to improve his community by calling out the superficial "heroes" of which his community is idolizing. Trying to show them that the heroes are not the ones they should be following. I have only heard Our Heroes once, so I can't speak for the song, but on Sportscenter he condemned Kobe for being a crab and trying to pull Shaq down with him. He is trying to get his community to respect positive images. The farthest thing from being a bitch. Kobe on the other hand... Pass the ball when you have three heat players on you.

Cold Truth said:
man for real, this is a bitch move on nas's part.

im tired of rappers peeling off on easy targets..... lets see.... the entire sports media, including former players, current players, fans, everyone hates this dude and people will go out of there way to get a shot in on him.

nas should, better then anyone, know what it is like to have the world against you. always talking about, "we should work harder to build community" nonsense, and yet, with this, he's like....lets go and kick another black dude while he is down, while everyone else is kickin him, let me get some shots in..." where is his sense of community now? fuck nas for this.

nas is one of my favorite mc's, but this a cowardly act on his part.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
nah, dude is attacking a guy that everyone else is already attacking. he's just joining the fray.

so.. cuba gooding and taye digs arent positive black role models? how bout them?

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
Rhythmikal said:
i think thats a stupid thing to say. i wouldnt expect to hear that shit from Nas. what does he want black and white people to go on ignoring and hating each other forever???

sAfE.

THATS NoT WHY HE CALLED THEM oUT, THATS CRAZY To JUST PoST THAT.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Nas is just statin his opinions....but...

For the whole black marrying white shit....Thats just awful on his part...if he's talking about positive role models......and he's dissing cuba n tiger......whom represent themselves in the best way they could....He's tryin to be positive by degrading them because they married white chicks????

And yeah...Kobe is bitchmade for puttin Shaq on blast like that.....

Broke the unspoken rule....terrible i tell you......