nas or hova

who won the jay z nas battle?

• Total voters

jwalk

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
as yall can tell i just like to see where everyones head is in here anyways i would like to know who really won in yall own opinion the earth shattering battle between jay z and nas?

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
Nas.

My reason being, is that Nas had more to say! Jay only really had the "you know who did you know what" line... the rest of it was simply average disses, nothing major. Nas had a much more lyrical song, better punch lines and much more personal. (the big lips, jay jacking biggies rhymes, him dissin women, the rockafeller/aids line, the proud dad line,....)

Plus, popular opinion... tends to sway towards Nas.

monumental

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 6
let's be real folks, i am a big nas fan aswell, but jay sounds dope on mainstream and underground trakcs and that says a lot nas, common oh walli, god damn, his radio shit is very very weak, plus he's all over the place, he says he kicks knowledge but then does the worst radio clubby tracks ever. i give it to jay because he does what he says he does and has never been a hypocrite, could nas say that?

monumental

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 6
Holmzini said:
NAS .... dude is spectacular really .. he NEVER comes weak... he can make a song like "made u look" a radio hit? cmon no one else can do that shit... nas has EVERYBODYS RESPECT ... def the flyest gangsta

Don't get my wrong i'm not a nas hater, i got all his albums on wax but god son. But i read quotes by cats who know nas ie, foxy, nature, az, they say he's snake character. You can tell in his music, yes i agree he's a great artist, made you look was the best track in years the remix with luda and kiss off the chain. But then he drops a radio remix with jenny from the block, with bad bad lyrics, nas is street rapper and should stick to it. By the way ya'll should get that nas live dvd, off the hook i got it with surround sound.

Nuff B

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Hova is just sick to me nas makes me thinkn but jay makes me think, makes me dance, calms me down and gets me hype, im sorry but nas can't do that at all all he do isspit knowledge it's a good thing but thats just for one catagorie but i go fo jay'z

c-dub

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Nas rip him with the ether cut. Hov neva recovered. As far as cds goes Hova closed the gap w/ the black album. The edge still goes to NAS.

C

Copenhagen

I would say that they cater to different crowds, and therefore hard to compare. Battle wise, I think Nas came with strongest. Who's been more successful, without a doubt Jay-Z.

Like monumental, one thing that puzzles me, how come Nas has beef with more than just
Jay-Z? If he is the one having beef with everybody, the problem must be him, or what? Is he a snake or...?

luxx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I thought this was about who won the battle?

regardless of whos hotter[NAS] or whos been more this and that

Nas ripped him apart and shut him up with one track and it was over

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
Short answer: Nas... but only because it was Jay-Z he was up against...

long answer....

Both emcees are dissapointing to me, considering the fact that both have unbelievable amounts of potential that have only been peeked at for a few instances. Nas is on my top four list of emcees.... but at the same time, he has made some terrible songs that just make me want to reach out and slap his other tooth chipped. On Stillmatic, he has songs like Rewind, Rule, What Goes Around, and 2nd Childhood... on the other hand, he'll have cuts like Hate Me Now, that lame, terrible song with Ashanti and Ja Rule, and many other songs that just make me weep inside. He has the potential to be the street's disciple (which I hope he will be on "Street's Disciple"), and yet, his insecurity forces him to mess with many weak-hearted fools who feel his image needs a boost. Imagine if Nas had the self-confidence of Common? What if he made what his nature demanded, without regard to whether it would sell or sound weak or too sensitive or whatever... If he could be what we ALLL know he could be.

Jay-Z.... well... all I have to say is that yes, he has shown me AT TIMES that he can be prolific, but for the majority, he is lame. Yes, he is good at what he does... but what he does is pretty lame. He is the inverse of Nas..... Jay-Z is 20% to-the-core lyrical and insightful, but 80% Image-aware, arrogance, and short term. Nas is about 70% insight, thought, and contemplative lyrics, but 30% shine, lameness, and gun-smacking broads for sniffing his coke while his other broads were shining his 87" rims.....

S

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
nas managed to make a song with diddy on sound good and almost respectable... key word almost... but still... nuff sed...

ill o.g.
Nas.
He don't need Just Blaze, Kanye West, and whoever else to make hot tracks.

Jay-Z? How many more of B.I.G.'s rhymes is gonna come out his fat lips? I think Jay only fought back because your not supposed to just let somebody step on you. I dont think he spit at Nas because he thought he could win. Because he can't.

Lyrical or Physical. Nas will kick Jigga's ass.

Streetwize

Beat Architects !
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 49
shits a stalemate to me

i love em both...jayz gets me on tracks like this cant be life, song cry, never let you down even and nas gets me on shit like one mic, the message, poppa was a playa, made u look

G

Gmaf-IA

ANNyyyywayyyys...yall got off the subject the war was a stalemate, and a terrible publicity stunt. ethers a hot song. period. with wiskers like a rat, compared to beans you wack. ok i dont know about the wiskers thing. regardless NAs at one point was the illest MC, EVER. ok he may have sounded like ra kim but he was no MC at his best was NAs at ILLmatic. Then again its about having longevity JAYz been doin it but so waht whats he been doin. he changed the game to the gay state its at where i gotta see JKwon instead of raekwon on tV. jay spits nice when he wants but give it to nas he never had the longevity but youcan tell hes not made to sell out. hes made to be a raw spitting MC

Complexxx

Hip Hop Apprentice
ill o.g.
One word.....Ether!
Those lyrics were just way to intense. Nas ain't to be messed with yo. Jay-z tight to but he should have just walked away with his tail between his legs.

members online