Native Instruments Maschine

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
This looks crazy....I'm a real NI fan. I love everything the drop. This has a lot of the functions found in NI software and vsts. I may have to jump on this especially if it works hand & hand with all there other stuff.

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
Yeah, i played with it at NAMM it looks hot,...the only thing is i bought Battery a few months back and i feel like that would of be a waste $200 now...i mite just say fuck it and get it anyways

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Yeah, i played with it at NAMM it looks hot,...the only thing is i bought Battery a few months back and i feel like that would of be a waste $200 now...i mite just say fuck it and get it anyways

Nah...having battery is good. Just use both as needed. If it can be a midi controller and work as it does you'll have the best of both worlds.

JKIEYZ

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I just got a demo of it from NI and it is awesome! It is an MPC killer. Very cool stuff.

I completely agree with you! I was considering the new Gen5 Miko with the new Bump MP Pads until I saw this.The workflow of Maschine is very similar to my workflow on the MPC and has more features.I was at NAMM and had a first hand demo of this and was blown away by the features and how well they work.Whether your a battery user or MPC user you need to take a strong look at this piece!

mono

the invisible visible
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
I just took one of the babies home for testing purposes. i'll give you an indepth review as soon as i can without getting fired for it. peace fam

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I was able to spend over an hour with one of the NI guys on this thing.

1.What are your thought on this so far?

Love it, the pads are amazing. Having them lighted is awesome. It does more than the padkontrol. It also is fast to use, many control surface products dont seem to be faster than a mouse. For many things this is. You can also turn your computer screen off and work. This is very nice. And it can run as a plug inside your daw thats a done deal for me.

2.How does it compare to the workflow of an MPC?

Totally different, but I like it. Its faster at loading samples and such because you are tied to a computer.

3.I'm a battery user is it worth the swtich to Maschine?

Why switch, I cant imagine not using battery I will use both. They each do things in there own way. You can of course use the machine pads with battery. Its a very cool product.

38th||

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I just got a demo of it from NI and it is awesome! It is an MPC killer. Very cool stuff.
An MPC killer, I doubt it....from what I've seen from the videos it still cant touch an MPC. It only has two slice modes.....transient and 16ths for one. Second, I didn't see anything about pitch shift, time stretch, or bpm sync. Not that it doesn't have it, but it still looks like a tricked out pad controller to me. Being a Native Instruments fan I'm disappointed, but then again, they aren't known for their hardware. Even Motu's BPM looks slightly better, which isnt saying much.

http://www.motu.com/products/software/BPM

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
I may be mistaken but I think the main intent here is for this to be used in conjunction with software. Yes, you can bang out something in stand alone mode but in order to get the things that you mentioned that it can't do in stand alone mode as opposed to an MPC you would need to use it with software. I don't think that's a draw back at all. I can do way more things with a controller and software than you can do with an MPC with next to no effort! With the portability of today's laptops everything is just better! That's the reason my MPC2k is simply a midi controller these days. Banging out beats with it would be a step an entire decade back to me.

MagnaOpera

Comes Equipped...
ill o.g.
aw man this looks so dope... Sorta makes me wish I hadn't just gotten an MPK (considering I'm already buying a second MIDI keyboard... lol)

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I now own one. With maschine you can turn your computer screens off and sequence, sample, chop everything. It is WAY more than just a controller. Also the visual feedback from the surface is way better than an MPD. The pads feel better everything.

Step Soprano

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
This Maschine thing looks real good and all but its just a controller... You can plop down like $200 get a MPD24 and fux with your DAW of choice and get it cracking. I don't see this Maschine doing anything special at all.... Nothing you can't do with a regular controller and software....

If i'm wrong put me on - give me some examples - SHINE LIGHT ON ME!

very wrong... nothing like the mpd, built much more durably and has many more features. Plus its completely integrated with the software, so that you don't need the screen, just the lcd's on your maschine controller, for the most part. As soon as 1.1 update comes out(this summer) it will make the mpc/mv shit useless in comparison. Unless of course thats what you like to use, and in that sense to each his own.