NBA All-Star Weekend 2010

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Watched it....

Dunk Contest:
Unbelievably shitty.... Why aren't the best dunkers in the game participating in this contest?

The Game: Corny as well... They need to make this count towards something....Like the winner gets home court....Like in the MLB.

The 3point competition: Showcasing what can happen on a bad shooting day...

Skills challenge was OK...Nash is a beast....

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Agreed. Each year it gets worse and worse, and it's true - how come the top guys don't compete in the dunk competition? That would def make it more exciting.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
cuz they dont wanna risk injury for something that means nothing

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 214
the NBA is fantastic! the dunk contest...lets be real...what else do you expect for dunkers to come up with? everything has already been done basically...now someone come thru doing a 720, now that would be something new. They should stop wanting to see something new and just start judging the dunks by who looks the flyest when they're dunking because each of the contestants are doing the same dunks every year.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
cuz they dont wanna risk injury for something that means nothing
Ya but it doesn't matter, they're at the top, they should be doing this cause they love the game. I hate seeing guys sit out because they don't wanna get injured. MJ and Dominique battled it out, they weren't worried about breaking shit.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Yup, worst dunk contest ever! I understand the expectations are way too high and I agree to what skid said but they gotta do better than what they did this year. They had to pay Gerald Wallace to humiliate himself like he did. He had trouble doing basic dunks. I do believe that they are reaching that point of doing dunks thats humanly imposible but no where near the max of being creative.

dac

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Watched it....
Dunk Contest:
Unbelievably shitty.... Why aren't the best dunkers in the game participating in this contest?

The problem starts right from the beginning with a ballers attitude, the interview. How many dumb ass "I'm too cool for TV interviews" did you see. It's like muthafuckas got rocks in their mouth or something. Dunk contests are dull because nobody has the heart nuts to go out there and risk not being cool... except Nate Robineson. It's the same thing I witness every pick up game I play. As soon as I start winning, my opponent acts like they don't care so the loss doesn't matter.

Shannon Brown's 360 would have been dope had he dunked it. But you notice how after he missed it, he no longer cared?

I think the other reason is real creativity get shitted on. When they listed the top dunks in a dunk contest, they didn't even mention the Andre Iguodala dunk which is easily one of the craziest things I have ever seen.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKkVzaM-L_k"]YouTube- NBA All-Star Dunk Contest 2006 - Andre Iguodala[/ame]

The Game: Corny as well... They need to make this count towards something....Like the winner gets home court....Like in the MLB.

I think this was one of the best games I have seen in an All Star year. Both sides played with pride and really wanted to win. And the skills were def on display.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I think the other reason is real creativity get shitted on. When they listed the top dunks in a dunk contest, they didn't even mention the Andre Iguodala dunk which is easily one of the craziest things I have ever seen.

Co-Sign; Yup that was the best set of creative dunks that I have ever seen, including the days of Michael Jordan and Dominique Wilkins.

dac

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
this is away from the point but VINCE CARTER IS THE GREATEST DUNKER OF ALL TIME!!!!!

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
the NBA is fantastic! the dunk contest...lets be real...what else do you expect for dunkers to come up with? everything has already been done basically...now someone come thru doing a 720, now that would be something new. They should stop wanting to see something new and just start judging the dunks by who looks the flyest when they're dunking because each of the contestants are doing the same dunks every year.

Yeah, skid I agree are expectations are too high we have seen everything already. I've been watching the dunk contest since the mid 80's when I was kid. The dunks jordan and D wilkens used to do that made us all go crazy wouldnt even get you a 45 these days. But after watching the dunk contest all these years I do realize how difficult jordans from the free throw dunk really was now.

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 214
this is away from the point but VINCE CARTER IS THE GREATEST DUNKER OF ALL TIME!!!!!
yeah...when he took it thru the legs and dunked it...THAT RAISED THE BAR....AND NO ONE HAS TOUCHED THAT DUNK SINCE. I mean...to top that dunk Carter did...you would have to do a 720 or take it thru both legs and shit.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
That was photoshopped....

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Lol..yeah..that dunk was crazy....