NBA MVP- Chris Paul or Kobe Bryant?

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Man, that's truth. My Lakers bias is changing...

There's a lot of truth in what Ominous is saying though. Let's look at Shaq. Shaq made everyone better around him. Let's look at the stars he made.

1. Penny Hardaway -- used to be the "shit", Shaq made him better. Sucked w/o Shaq.
2. Kobe Bryant -- Shaq made him better. After Shaq left, Lakers sucked. Trust me, when the Clippers were the best team in L.A. for a while, Lakers fans knew it.
3. Dwayne Wade -- do I need to fucking tell you about this? Pathetic. The new Penny Hardaway.

With the Suns -- I don't know what Shaq will do. Your big man theory is right. The only cat I know that proved there was no need for a dominant big man to win a championship was Michael Jordan. 'Nuff said.

Damn, Chris Paul...

THANK YOU.

Someone with some sense up in this piece. I read an article a while back in ESPN magazine about the power of Kobe's jumper. He can make you forget who he really is. You will discount all the bullshit he creates because, he can play the game. Like I said before, the only difference between him and T.O. and Chad Johnson is Kobe doesn't have to rely on others for his performance. So he can shit on his team in the preseason, and then have a 60 point game and you won't care that he is an asshole. What kind of MVP does that kind of shit. People don't remember that the Lakers were ass until Gasol got there. All you know is, it's the playoffs and the Lakers are going off and so people think he is deserving because he has managed to keep his mouth shut long enough to make you forget this guy is self absorbed.

I am pulling for the Suns but I doubt that Shaq can do much to help them get a ring as long as Amare doesn't play defense. With Amare and Shaq in the game, there is no reason why Parker and Ginobli should be getting layups. Shaq plays great D on Duncan but all Amare wants to do is dunk.

exactly...who has won a championship by themself?????

JORDAN is the closest thing to it. Kobe had a better team than Jordan did without Shaq and he couldn't make it out the first round in the playoffs. Jordan dominated and has how many rings? Jordan had some good roll players but so did Kobe. The difference was that Kobe isn't a team player and he didn't trust his guys so he wouldn't give them the ball. Jordan encouraged his teammates.

They even addressed it after their last win. They asked Walton about how Kobe trusts them more now. Ha! He was crying to be traded less than 8 months ago and now all of a sudden he is a team player? Naw son.... he smells a win so now he can play well with others. I'm telling you, Gasol is the only reason why Kobe isn't freaking out right now.

Nobody wins championships by themselves... basketball is a team sport. But that's why Kobe isn't an MVP to me. A guy who cries for a trade because he doesn't like his team is not a team player and that is essential to me for an MVP. People look at his stats and forget his character. Just because your assists go up doesn't mean you are all of a sudden a team player.

And the 40 point games further illustrate how self absorbed Kobe is. He had like 11 40 plus point games in a row and every game was a losing effort?

Look man.... I'm just fukn with you guys. The Kobe debate is a fun one. For both sides. You can argue some great points about him being the greatest of all time and be legit. And then you can trash mouth him like I do. It's all in good fun for me. My Brother-In-Law is a huge Kobe fan and we fuk with him all the time. I tell him he only likes Kobe because Kobe likes white girls like he does. He pretty much is ready to throw a punch at me at that point. I ain't trying to make nobody mad about Kobe. Just have some good fun with you guys.

Couple of points I will leave you with:

1- Kobe stopped shooting the ball in the second half of a game to prove how valuable he is. Who else has ever done that? Did Jordan ever do that? Did Chris Paul ever do that?

2- Kobe is the only person to get body slammed in the middle of a game. I wonder why? Raja Bell hasn't done that to anyone else. I wonder why only Kobe? Could it be because he is an asshole?

3- Kobe cheated on his gorgeous wife. But that wasn't the issue. That is a personal matter. Nothing to do with basketball. What is an issue is that he threw Shaq under the bus saying "I should have paid them off like Shaq does...." What kind of motherphuker does that?

4- Take Kobe out of LA and put Wade, Lebron or TMac there and what do you get? The same results. Take Paul away from the hornets and put Kidd, Nash, or Deron Willams in his spot and see what you get. I doubt you'd get the same kind of success.

5- Jordan had way better Defense than Kobe.

6- Kobe wins to showboat. Jordan wins for the love of the game. Jordan celebrates the win with his teamates. Kobe celebrates himself. Jordan sees the game, Kobe sees himself.

6- Jordan changed the sport of basketball. Kobe just changes the outcome of a game. That is why he will never be what Jordan is.

Chris Paul had like a 32 point night and 17 assists. Who the fuck plays like that?

To Kobe's credit, I will say he is a better PLAYER than Paul scoring 49 points with 10 assists in one of his playoff games. But I still like Paul better for MVP. And as far as the jerk thing goes, Jordan's wife just got him for 150 million so I am sure there is some jerk factor to Jordan too. I just think Kobe is a way bigger jerk than Jordan was.

Yall have a good weekend and enjoy this crazy ass playoffs. I got my fingers crossed for a fight in the Cleveland/Warriors series.

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
^^^^^^If i recall the lakers were in fourth place in the western conference before Bynum got hurt so i would say they were slightly better than "shit" before Gasol got there....Jordan had Pip and a host of really great players...how many rings did he when before Pip got there?....I'm not gonna front and say u dont have sum good facts,but its obvious G you just dont like Kobe and i can understand that..shit i have trouble and he's on my home team....But statements like Kobe wins to showboat...prove that to me please..alll of kobe 40 points efforts were losing ones..i know that for fact was false becuz i was at sum of those games last season.Kobe stop shooting to prove how valuable he is...it had nothing to do with the fact he was being double team??????.. ..sum of the shyt u say dont even got to do with basketball..

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
4- Take Kobe out of LA and put Wade, Lebron or TMac there and what do you get? The same results. Take Paul away from the hornets and put Kidd, Nash, or Deron Willams in his spot and see what you get. I doubt you'd get the same kind of success.

Best thing I read so far.

^^^^^^If i recall the lakers were in fourth place in the western conference before Bynum got hurt so i would say they were slightly better than "shit" before Gasol got there....Jordan had Pip and a host of really great players...how many rings did he when before Pip got there?....I'm not gonna front and say u dont have sum good facts,but its obvious G you just dont like Kobe and i can understand that..shit i have trouble and he's on my home team....But statements like Kobe wins to showboat...prove that to me please..alll of kobe 40 points efforts were losing ones..i know that for fact was false becuz i was at sum of those games last season.Kobe stop shooting to prove how valuable he is...it had nothing to do with the fact he was being double team??????.. ..sum of the shyt u say dont even got to do with basketball..

If I can recall, it took a couple years for the Lakers to rebuild-- we're talking the same Lakers that would get knocked out in the first round? We're talking the same Lakers that did WORSE than the L.A. CLIPPERS? We're talking the same Lakers that Kobe wanted to get traded from? Right?

I didn't say Kobe showboats, Ominous did. In fact, I think a problem with the NBA is that it isn't as entertaining as the old days when Dominique Wilkins, Jordan, Kemp and a host of other players would do double-pump, windmill, 360s, reverse jams IN A FUCKING GAME.

I HATE THAT -- BRING BACK THE FUCKING KICKASS DUNKS TO THE NBA. I WANT TO SEE AMARE DO A WINDMILL ON A FAST BREAK. I want to see KOBE DO A 360 IN A GAME.

I remember seeing that shit on a consistent basis until the league fucked it up...

but jordan had which scorer and a big PG pippen a dominant rebounder in rodman clutch shooters in Kerr Kukoc ...
and about what u said about kobe..if wade wuznt in the heat and shaq went there they wud be just like the lakers did after he left..deflated..Shaq needs that other star in the perimeter like Wade or kobe.so actually they need each other like great teams who win titles do..Jordan-Pippen..Park-Duncan-.Robinson-Duncan,Magic-Jabbar

You can't equate Jordan/Pippen with Shaq/Hardaway-Wade-Kobe, Magic/Jabbar, Duncan/Ginobili-Parker

Pippen was a role player. He wasn't dependable all the time. Remember the "migraines" he used to have during the playoffs. No way Pippen is equivalent to Shaq, Jabbar, Duncan. Not even in the same stratosphere.

I'm gonna say this: Jordan had Bill Cartwright as a big man. BILL CARTWRIGHT. Equate that with Duncan, Shaq, etc.

Wait a second, let's go back a bit further, what about Dr. J (Julius Erving.) Did he have a big man? I don't remember if Moses Malone was there. Someone enlighten me.

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.

If I can recall, it took a couple years for the Lakers to rebuild-- we're talking the same Lakers that would get knocked out in the first round? We're talking the same Lakers that did WORSE than the L.A. CLIPPERS? We're talking the same Lakers that Kobe wanted to get traded from? Right?

I didn't say Kobe showboats, Ominous did. In fact, I think a problem with the NBA is that it isn't as entertaining as the old days when Dominique Wilkins, Jordan, Kemp and a host of other players would do double-pump, windmill, 360s, reverse jams IN A FUCKING GAME.

I wasnt talkin to u homey.i thought it was pretty apparent in who i was talkin to with my reply......i was talking to Ominous hence the arrows pointing to the post above my reply post which was his...I'm assuming u took me saying "G" as talking to you,but i was in fact using G as in short for "gangsta"....buuuuuuut i might as well respond to u... Pip being a role player is quite a big understatement..he is only a top 50 player...has made the all defensive,All Nba, and All Star teams numerous times...and u dont have to give me a history lesson on the lakers..i work ther my man..Omnious called them shit b4 gasol got ther and they were in fourth place this season b4 Bynum got hurt..which would make his statement incorrect...and this is about Kobe winning a MVP,not how bad the lakers were or are or whatever anyways...if its about the lakers i'm gonna start yelling about 14 championships and blah blah blah blah...

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
Don't forget the Detroit pistons in both 1989/1990. It was mostly Isiah thomas and Joe Dumars running the show. All their 4's and 5's were good but really role-players.

Great Role players win chamionships .. stever kurr, robert horry, dennis rodman, horace grant .. etc .. its not a coincidence that all those guys win championships on DIFFRENT TEAMS. Also detroit had the hardest/most gangsta basketball player in nba history on the roster. BILL LAIMBEER!!

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
THANK YOU.

Someone with some sense up in this piece. I read an article a while back in ESPN magazine about the power of Kobe's jumper. He can make you forget who he really is. You will discount all the bullshit he creates because, he can play the game. Like I said before, the only difference between him and T.O. and Chad Johnson is Kobe doesn't have to rely on others for his performance. So he can shit on his team in the preseason, and then have a 60 point game and you won't care that he is an asshole. What kind of MVP does that kind of shit. People don't remember that the Lakers were ass until Gasol got there. All you know is, it's the playoffs and the Lakers are going off and so people think he is deserving because he has managed to keep his mouth shut long enough to make you forget this guy is self absorbed.

I am pulling for the Suns but I doubt that Shaq can do much to help them get a ring as long as Amare doesn't play defense. With Amare and Shaq in the game, there is no reason why Parker and Ginobli should be getting layups. Shaq plays great D on Duncan but all Amare wants to do is dunk.

JORDAN is the closest thing to it. Kobe had a better team than Jordan did without Shaq and he couldn't make it out the first round in the playoffs. Jordan dominated and has how many rings? Jordan had some good roll players but so did Kobe. The difference was that Kobe isn't a team player and he didn't trust his guys so he wouldn't give them the ball. Jordan encouraged his teammates.

They even addressed it after their last win. They asked Walton about how Kobe trusts them more now. Ha! He was crying to be traded less than 8 months ago and now all of a sudden he is a team player? Naw son.... he smells a win so now he can play well with others. I'm telling you, Gasol is the only reason why Kobe isn't freaking out right now.

Nobody wins championships by themselves... basketball is a team sport. But that's why Kobe isn't an MVP to me. A guy who cries for a trade because he doesn't like his team is not a team player and that is essential to me for an MVP. People look at his stats and forget his character. Just because your assists go up doesn't mean you are all of a sudden a team player.

And the 40 point games further illustrate how self absorbed Kobe is. He had like 11 40 plus point games in a row and every game was a losing effort?

Look man.... I'm just fukn with you guys. The Kobe debate is a fun one. For both sides. You can argue some great points about him being the greatest of all time and be legit. And then you can trash mouth him like I do. It's all in good fun for me. My Brother-In-Law is a huge Kobe fan and we fuk with him all the time. I tell him he only likes Kobe because Kobe likes white girls like he does. He pretty much is ready to throw a punch at me at that point. I ain't trying to make nobody mad about Kobe. Just have some good fun with you guys.

Couple of points I will leave you with:

1- Kobe stopped shooting the ball in the second half of a game to prove how valuable he is. Who else has ever done that? Did Jordan ever do that? Did Chris Paul ever do that?

2- Kobe is the only person to get body slammed in the middle of a game. I wonder why? Raja Bell hasn't done that to anyone else. I wonder why only Kobe? Could it be because he is an asshole?

3- Kobe cheated on his gorgeous wife. But that wasn't the issue. That is a personal matter. Nothing to do with basketball. What is an issue is that he threw Shaq under the bus saying "I should have paid them off like Shaq does...." What kind of motherphuker does that?

5- Jordan had way better Defense than Kobe.

6- Kobe wins to showboat. Jordan wins for the love of the game. Jordan celebrates the win with his teamates. Kobe celebrates himself. Jordan sees the game, Kobe sees himself.

6- Jordan changed the sport of basketball. Kobe just changes the outcome of a game. That is why he will never be what Jordan is.

To Kobe's credit, I will say he is a better PLAYER than Paul scoring 49 points with 10 assists in one of his playoff games. But I still like Paul better for MVP. And as far as the jerk thing goes, Jordan's wife just got him for 150 million so I am sure there is some jerk factor to Jordan too. I just think Kobe is a way bigger jerk than Jordan was.

Yall have a good weekend and enjoy this crazy ass playoffs. I got my fingers crossed for a fight in the Cleveland/Warriors series.

oooohh please he did what an MVP wud do this season all the drama ended when camp started and from that point on he wuz no trouble for his team he wuz a team player the hole year..ur gonna knock em cuz he stopped shooting in the second half??..cmon now that makes no sense at all..what happens in his personal life wit his wife or w.e has nuttin to do wit how he plays on the court (he wuz aquitted wit that charge) ..u ppl just cant admit that he took his game to a new level bein a complete player..not to mention being one of the defensive players most explosive offensive player great passer ..hes the MVP..as long as he didnt cauze problems for the team and made his teamates better he shud be the MVP

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
but jordan had which scorer and a big PG pippen a dominant rebounder in rodman clutch shooters in Kerr Kukoc ...
and about what u said about kobe..if wade wuznt in the heat and shaq went there they wud be just like the lakers did after he left..deflated..Shaq needs that other star in the perimeter like Wade or kobe.so actually they need each other like great teams who win titles do..Jordan-Pippen..Park-Duncan-.Robinson-Duncan,Magic-Jabbar

Remember, Jordan didn't have rodman, kerr and kukoc during their first title run...

They had Horace Grant, BJ Armstrong, John Paxon, Will Perdue....lol..

I don't know if Kobe deserves the MVP award.....he may be the MVP of his team...but not the league....

Paul is having a better year.........and I"m not talking about numbers....I'm talking about making each player on that court better.....

Kobe plays well every year.....one of the best, if not the best in the league....But they pick up a decent center and all of the sudden they're winning......maybe it's not Kobe who should get the MVP...Maybe Gasol should...LOL
Kobe should've taken lessons from MJ on how to carry himself on and off the court......If Kobe stopped trying to act like Barry Bonds....maybe he'd get the award....

My nod goes to CP3... Put him on any team and they become better because of him....

wizard

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 141
i cant believe i even seen jordans name in this!!hahaha!
cuz i was around in the them jordan error and grew up on that shit and all i have to say is the game change from when jordan and those greats like larry bird, magic j,kareem
the list go's on!!! so to comparing any of those players from that error to now
is like apples and oranges!! the game was different when jordan played plus more defense!!!
as for kobe he is having a great season!!
but paul is my pick
just for the fact he brought his team from barely nothing to the play offs!!
kobe is doing his thang but he has a better support !!
peace!
much respect

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.

I HATE THAT -- BRING BACK THE FUCKING KICKASS DUNKS TO THE NBA. I WANT TO SEE AMARE DO A WINDMILL ON A FAST BREAK. I want to see KOBE DO A 360 IN A GAME.

I remember seeing that shit on a consistent basis until the league fucked it up...

You can't equate Jordan/Pippen with Shaq/Hardaway-Wade-Kobe, Magic/Jabbar, Duncan/Ginobili-Parker

Pippen was a role player. He wasn't dependable all the time. Remember the "migraines" he used to have during the playoffs. No way Pippen is equivalent to Shaq, Jabbar, Duncan. Not even in the same stratosphere.

I'm gonna say this: Jordan had Bill Cartwright as a big man. BILL CARTWRIGHT. Equate that with Duncan, Shaq, etc.

Wait a second, let's go back a bit further, what about Dr. J (Julius Erving.) Did he have a big man? I don't remember if Moses Malone was there. Someone enlighten me.

hey guy i wuznt comparing jordan and pippen to anybody i simply said that every star had the other man he can depend on and about the dumb ass comment i read from someone else that if u take kobe out the lakers u wud get the same success...what are u stupid?? when u step on the court wit kobe u got more confidence than anybody cuz u knoe u got someone that will give u the good look at the shot and
someone who has venom in there vains..if it wuz t-mac they wudnt be nearly as good cuz tmac dont got the killer instinct and as great as lebron is he cant make free throws often enough his jump shot aint even half of what kobe is and when the clock is down to 5 seconds i dc who u are u knoe kobe has a way better chance of hittin that shot to win that game then lebron wade or any of them.. ...no SG in the game right now can take over the game like kobe ..if the team isnt makin there shots he can easily put up 20 in a quarter nobody in the league can do that by turning it on as fast as a light switch..

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
i dc who u are u knoe kobe has a way better chance of hittin that shot to win that game then lebron wade or any of them

Wade is overrated...the next Penny Hardaway...

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
Wade is overrated...the next Penny Hardaway...

idk..wade had no talent around him he cant do anything witout a squad