Need help and ideas

BlazedOut

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
ive recently been listenin to a lot of swizz beats tracks and have been inspired to make some lyk them

they seem so simple yet are effective

i was wonderin if anyone can offer me tips or point me in the rigth direction, on how to make similar tracks, what instruments would be best to use etc..

adomav17

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
if you listen, it's pretty easy to replicate his style...

the main elements i think he uses(off the top of the dome)

1) Strong drums(especially the deep, knocking bass drum he uses)
2) A Catchy sampled hook(tambourine, i'ma hustla, touch it...etc)
3) Background hype vocals(that screaming he does in the background)

He never really used instruments that much... if he does he usually uses some kind of brass or samples something that goes with the beat...

But don't copy his style, because you'll never make it like that

T

TheMost

Yeah i noticed that with his "new" style ( since he came back out ) he uses a lot of heavy drums and mostly drums.

His song dont have many instruments at all. Hip HOp in general ( pop and commercial stuff ) have lots of songs with only drums and then with lie 3-4 bell hits.

Reverb on the kicks and tons on the calp seems big also without much hi hats.

BlazedOut

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
thanks for that , yeh im not gonna copy his style its just it seems that he got the winning formula for these 'commercial' beats and i wondered what would be involved

i noticed that also about "2) A Catchy sampled hook(tambourine, i'ma hustla, touch it...etc)"

ive tried that sometimes but he just manages to make a perfect beat to fit those e.g 'spit your game' .

guess its gonna take practice , if you're wonderin why i wanted to know its that the rapper that im workin with wanted his type of beats , especially similar to those on Fabolous album, and instead of just finding the instrumentals for him , i decided to create some so i have more chance on bein on the mixtape

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
thanks for that , yeh im not gonna copy his style its just it seems that he got the winning formula for these 'commercial' beats and i wondered what would be involved

i noticed that also about "2) A Catchy sampled hook(tambourine, i'ma hustla, touch it...etc)"

ive tried that sometimes but he just manages to make a perfect beat to fit those e.g 'spit your game' .

guess its gonna take practice , if you're wonderin why i wanted to know its that the rapper that im workin with wanted his type of beats , especially similar to those on Fabolous album, and instead of just finding the instrumentals for him , i decided to create some so i have more chance on bein on the mixtape

Yo! Just take one of his beats and try to recreate it from stratch. For one, it's good practice as far as learning the diff't elements needed for certain style tracks and two you'll probably come up with something that is similar but not exact and you can add to this or take out certain elements and have a totally diff't track. Try to find every single sound it the track and put it down. Those that you can't find supplement something that sounds the same. Everybody started out imitating somebody. It's good practice!

Hi-Lo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
you know what people dont use enough of?? Imagination!! Try it!
I live by the "what if" code in music.
Thats how I became the 300 times platinum producer I am today..

real talk.

you wanna sound like swizz? here's the best advice: get in the lab and stay there. all day, everyday. i know some people who came up with swizz and he like all the other huge guys in the game is legendary for his work ethic. come up with your own sound, for your own good and for the good of music.

BlazedOut

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
yeh man , the last two years ive been samplijn and i gathered to start makin my own sound , i gotta begin composin , so i just looked swizz for inspiration ....i no it aint gonna come easy and i guess i thought if i can see how others work , i can use it as a base and branch off from it, come up with sumthing innovative hopefully

members online