Need help choosing a synth!

SpinDoctor

The Lovable Rogue
ill o.g.
Im looking to get my first synth or sound module or something like that. Currently I use reason and cubase and was wondering what would be the best one that would integrate into those programs nicely. Im looking to spend about £300-£400 and want to get something that has nice synth sounds sortof like just blaze and timberland, if anybody has any recommendations, holla.

Peace

SpinDoctor

The Lovable Rogue
ill o.g.
Can you modify the sounds with these synths or are there jus preset sounds and thats all?

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
my top 3 racks would be
1.motif rack
2.roland fantom
3.jv-1080

but i use the so3 at church thing is pretty tight and can edit all your patches and stuff might want to check it out,

2_nice

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
novation bass station (make sure it is the original analog model) is a nice buy. you know if you want one fat machine for all you synth bass sounds. i recently sold a couple of analog synths (keyboards too bulky) but i thyink i'll get a novation bass station (rack) when i get an analog synth again

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
you should seriously save the extra cash and *WAIT* because the motif rack is going to come down a bit very soon.

get the motif rack; you will not be dsapointed, i promise you! i had one, and classic currently has one, and its a beast of a machine. its a great piece, and one of the few modules that can say that it covers all the basses adequately- but keep in mind it does have its weaknesses where other modules are stronger, i.e, its not an orchestral powerhouse like the roland xv/fantom lines.