need help on vocals ....fast!!!!

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
yo i got this song that i HAVE TO RECORD By Monday at the absolute latest but im tyrin to get it done tonight... i dont know if i can book studio time quick enough so i might try to bring my computer to my boys place and lay down sum vocals.. now my question is how do I stop the slight latency when im recording my vocals.. is there an easy way to do this?... like a latency compensator or something? or do I have to strech the vocals to fit.. has anyone had this problem? what was your solution/ im using cubase sx to record..but ive never recorded at home really..... but just throw ideas at me with whatever you use..

thnx

holmz

Decibal

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yo Holmz.

What soundcard do you have? You need an ASIO compatible soundcard that offers low latency drivers.

If you have any soundblaster card, the latency sucks with them creative drivers. The best quick solution would be to download the kx drivers for your soundblaster card and the latency will be pretty good.

http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/index.php?skip=1

With this driver + soundblaster card, you'll be able to finish your track in time.

Peace

dB