Need Help Recording off of Turntable

Quality

Godson of the Clapper
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 19
First off, it seems like I have tried everything to try to solve my problem on my own. I know others have had similar problems with this, but hopefully somebody can help me out. (also I have read the manual/instructions, but it dosen't show how to connect the soundcard to a turntable). Forgive me for my newbie question ya'll, haha.

Here is the situation (as best as I can explain it).

My gear:

1 Technic 1200 mk5
Pioneer DJM-400 Mixer
Audio Editor Pro
Audacity
EMU 0404 Soundcard + Input/Outputs
Phono Preamp FJB-200X
Dual 1/4" to RCA
"Send-Return" Insert Cable, (For Outboard gear with RCA Jacks)
Windows XP

For some reason, after I installed my EMU soundcard and turned on my computer, it didn't do anything different (like saying that it recognised new hardware or something) even though in the EMU instruction booklet it said that it would try to recognise it. So I think something is wrong with my soundcard.

When I hit record in Audio Editor Pro, and have my Technic running through my mixer, and inputing it into my soundcard, nothing happens. I have the settings on my Audio Editor Pro set for recording off of line-in with the volume turned up and not microphone, etc. So I know my problem isn't with Audio Editor Pro. I made sure that I had my mixer set up with the same channel as Audio Editor Pro (Mono).

So since I couldn't get it to record off of my Pioneer Mixer, I tried running the sound through my pre amp. I have my turntable inputting the music through my pre amp, and outputting it into the input 1/4" RCA through my soundcard. But the same thing happened when I tried to record. Nothing.

What am I doing wrong here? I know I should be able to run the rca through my mixer or my preamp. They both should work fine, but neither of them have done anything. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
First off, it seems like I have tried everything to try to solve my problem on my own. I know others have had similar problems with this, but hopefully somebody can help me out. (also I have read the manual/instructions, but it dosen't show how to connect the soundcard to a turntable). Forgive me for my newbie question ya'll, ha!

sounds like a problem with your computer reconizing the soundcard. i would uninstall the sound card drivers and try to install again. you have the right gear, even a phono pre you dont need since you should be using the outs on your mixer.
?have you been able to record anything at all with your new soundcard?

try that.
hope this helps
...ELDIA...

Quality

Godson of the Clapper
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 19
sounds like a problem with your computer reconizing the soundcard. i would uninstall the sound card drivers and try to install again. you have the right gear, even a phono pre you dont need since you should be using the outs on your mixer.
?have you been able to record anything at all with your new soundcard?

try that.
hope this helps
...ELDIA...

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to try to reinstall my soundcard in the next day or two and see if that solves my problem. Thanks again.

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
Finally got it to work. The problem was with the soundcard, it wasn't installed right. But after re installing it a couple more times, it works. Thanks a ton eldiablo!

my pleasure,
..ELDIA..