Need help with kick and snares in fl

dmx19802000

ill o.g.
I need help, how can i make my drum sound less robotic or electronic,and sound more hiphop this is a problem i've been having with fl please help????

SpinDoctor

The Lovable Rogue
ill o.g.
quantize them, send what ever you want to sound less robotic to the piano roll and click on the button that looks like some keys of of a keyboard and go to tools>quantize and open a groove template, then click on the tick and it should be done.

Peace

spin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i think he is talking about the sound of the kicks and snares he has and not about the position... try to add effects add a compressor a little reverb etc... or try to find some new samples...

SpinDoctor

The Lovable Rogue
ill o.g.
ahh sorry, yeah like spin said get some new samples, sample them from one of your favourite songs or something that you like

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
If you listen to hip hop, you'll find that most of the instruments hit with impact (attack) and have a short release. Lets hope Format see's this thread, I'm sure he will give you more detail & technique to use.

massikrbeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
dmx19802000 said:
I need help, how can i make my drum sound less robotic or electronic,and sound more hiphop this is a problem i've been having with fl please help????

Firts thing I usually do is mess around with the parametric EQ, the first slider, when moved up, usually gives it more thump. I only do this when the kick I want to bang already seems a little "punchy" but needs improvement. I haven't really used the kick synthesizer for anything but more "bassy" kicks, but fiddle with that too.

HoLla